Aquabid... I'd love to buy fish there

Guppylover

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I've been the aquabid site lots of times looking at all the different fish up for auction... what I really want to know is the tricks of the trade. Like what I should buy... who can/can't I trust. I'm a total newbie into buying fish of the internet so I really need help :*)
The fish that are for auction are very cheap (well most of them) and I would love to buy some of those beautiful female guppies and male bettas.

...another question. Can aquabid send fish to Australia? ...I haven't really got a clear answer yet.

I think you could probably find Aquabid sellers who are from Australia. I've purchased from them a couple of times and I had mixed results. I bought 2 frontosa awhile back and paid 40 for 1, 30 for the other. The 'other' arrived DOA and I didn't get squat back from the seller so...I dunno.IMO,it's a gamble when you don't know the person you're buying from.

Hey Guppylover,

From what I've been told by Chooklet (A TFF Mem and also lives in AUS) is that some fishes are illegal in Aus. Another thing is that Customs is very strict when it comes to export and import of live fishes. I would ask around first on the import and export rules in AUS. Also I would suggest looking around for some local breeds in your area, I am sure there are a couple around.. GL ;)

Ok, I'll ask around if I can find any local breeders.
I'll also ask about the export rules, I know it gets very very stict here... I mean when a friend of mine moved to Australia from South Africa with her dogs. The dogs had to be kept in Custom for 6 months :blink: ...let's just hope that dosen't happen with the fish.
I know that some fish are illegal in Australia, so when auctioing on Aquabid I'll stick to the ones that are legal :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back