Applying Background Using Vegetable Oil?

Dr. Bogger

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Dec 11, 2006
Messages
199
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Ballston Spa, NY
Hello,

I was reading in the FAQs on this forum (i think it was this forum anyways), and i seen you could apply a background using vegetable oil, or other cooking oil... well i did this, however, i have lots of small air bubbles that i cant get rid of...

Will these air bubbles that are stuck between the background and the glass dissappear after a while? or do i have to do something special do get rid of them?

Please let me know.
Thanks.
 
And as the oil goes away, the edges will turn loose too. I used vaseline (like you, I read it on a forum somewhere) to apply mine. After about 6 months, the edges were turning loose and now it looks terrible but I can't get behind the tank to clean it.
 
And as the oil goes away, the edges will turn loose too. I used vaseline (like you, I read it on a forum somewhere) to apply mine. After about 6 months, the edges were turning loose and now it looks terrible but I can't get behind the tank to clean it.

hmm...

Well i can get to the back of my tank just fine, so ill just re-oil it every few months :P
 

Most reactions

Back
Top