Apples?

Ficious

Fish Addict
Joined
Jun 25, 2008
Messages
947
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Des Moines, IA
So I was eating an apple and was wondering if my fish can peck away at it if I take the skin off? Anyone have an exp with this and know of any species that really like it?
 
dont see why not...although...maybe the acid in them cud cause trouble....chances are tho they wont eat it
 
I dont see the harm in it. I mean, a apple is some 90 percent water. Im sure apples fall into rivers and streams all over the world. I say, give it a try. Just dont leave it in the tank too long. It can possibly foul up your tank if left to rot.
 
Yes, wouldn't leave it in there for more than an hour as it might start fermenting, hic! :sick:
 
I put slices of apple in once, along with slices of pear and/or peach (I had a field day, I'm thinking, lol). Apple wasn't touched, and nothing else was either. Peach might have been sampled, but I had to remove everything after a while.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top