apple snails

debie

Reaction score
Hi i'm new my name is debie and i have a qeustion on apple snail i just purchased
i want to feed it some cucumber. should i cut it in to small pieces, leave the skin on? can anyone tell me what to do. thanks for anyones help.

Hi debie :)

Welcome to the forum! :flowers:

Lady tanksalot, do the cucumbers where you live have a waxy coating on them? I think the supermarket guys put it on to preserve the moisture. If so, how do you remove it? Or is it nothing to worry about? :unsure:

Mine have this coating. I dont worry about it. I cut the slice, put it in a bowl with osme water, then into the microwave for a few seconds, then when its nice and hot, drop it in and it sinks on its own!

Plecos go crazy for it ;)

--Dan

thanks lady tanksalot i will blanch it first. thanks alot
inchworm, i live in upper maryland and they are waxie. should i slice the skin off
thanks for you help

the cucumber will stay firmer for longer if you dont blanch it.
once water logged, cucumber breaks down quite quickly.

We just slice and bung a bit of plant weight through it to hold it on the bottom.

For my fish I take off the skin because I can't find organic cucumbers around here. I've quit giving it to them though, because they don't seem to care a whole lot for it. They prefer peas.

i just slice a thick wad off.. half it rinse it (in dechlorinated water, i know it seems a waste of dechlorinator but its always better to be safe i reckon) then attach plant weights to them an drop it in, with me not havin my snails anymore my other fish still enjoy it... it always seems to be gone by the nect morning anyhow ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back