Apistogramma Agassizii care

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I moved a cichlid breeding cave to her side of the tank(she has been on that side since she lost the dominance battle to the smaller female) the male is now showing off his fin age a little more by opening his tail up and flaring his dorsal fin.

when the leaves are ready should I keep them together or spread them around the tank

Once they have become waterlogged which will be when they sink to the bottom, you can move them around. I would have them across the substrate (open areas). As the female shepherds the fry she will remain close to the substrate and they will be able to feed on the infusoria growing on the leaves (you can't see it, this is microscopic, but an incredibly rich food for fry). I believe opne week is the usual period from egg laying to hatching and emerging of the fry with the female so have leaves in well in advance. I don't know how long it takes for infusoria to appear on the leaves.

Blue Velvet presu
if I put some blue velvets in there as feeders and some survive will they eat the eggs?

Blue Velvet presumably refers to a shrimp. I will leave it to those with shrimp experience to respond. But I would assume the fry would have difficulty tackling shrimp and not all will get eaten if they have places to hide and others have mentioned shrimp eating eggs.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back