Anything suit <1W/g?

daza

Fishaholic
Reaction score
As part of setting up my first aquarium for a very long time, I want to add some live plants.

My tank is as shown in the sig and has a 15Watt flourescent lamp, which works out to about 0.8 watts per (US) gallon.

Is anything suitable for this level of light? I was planning on adding some java fern and some java moss because these seem to be the hardiest, easiest to look after and lowest light plants I can find.

Would they be suitable? If so, any tips on how many to buy for a 24x12x14 inch tank...would a standard pack of 5 of each be suitable for starters?

I have a piece of driftwood in the tank plus a couple of plant pots and plan on adding some rocks so I can root them to those.

thanks..

I did read about anubias nana, it looks nice and sounds just as suitable as java moss/fern. But, it is a lot more expensive to buy!

The non twisted, non-variegated ordinary straight Vallis will tolerate low lighting as well, it may not grow fast, but it generally hangs in there. Several Crypts will also tolerate low light.

*nods* Try Cryptocoryne wendtii if you can find some. The anubias is worth the money too, my friend grows some in her tank whihc doesn't even have a light :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back