Anyone know what's wrong with my Neon?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

GeoffRoos

Reaction score
I've attached a link to a YouTube video I filmed of my new Neon. I just got him today as part of an extra group of 4 Neon's I'm adding to my existing 5 Neon's. All the other Neon's are fine but as you can hopefully see in the video, he seems to have problems staying level. When he swims he's good, but when he tries to sit still it seems like his nose naturally starts lifting and seems like he wants to flip over, but he then corrects himself. but he keeps tipping up. When I initially added him to the tank he was laying on the floor of the tank upside down, I thought he had died so tried taking him out but then he started swimming, but now he's still got this lifting problem. I just wanna know if this is some sort of temporary issue that will fix itself, or is it permanent but he'll be able to live, or will he end up dying soon? all my other fish are fine, only he has this problem.

(and sorry for my Black Skirt Tetras that keep getting in the way)

The neon has a swim bladder problem and should be returned to the shop. There is no treatment or cure for it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back