Any Ipad Users Here

simonas

stuck between a rock and a fish tank
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I got an IPAD through work on Friday only used it less than 24 hours and its stuck on a screen asking to connect to itunes.Ive connected to itunes but nothing happens

I;ve tried pressing power and home simultaneously and also doing a recovery on itunes with it connected to ipad but it returns to the same screen

so frustrated and annoyed.Its a 3g IPAD

A quick google search suggests from users on forums that it's a bad memory issue which causes the iPad to 'forget'it is registered/activated. From what I've read the only option is to take it to an apple store but make sure you don't pay for anything considering it's their problem not yours.

To be fair on Apple, they do ship an absolute crapton of products and for only a handful to go off isn't all that bad.

just took it to Lpool 1 apple store and to be fair they were going to swap there and then but work wouldn;t let me as they want to sort it

sell it and get an android pad.
Thats what we did.
Well, we have sold it.
Spent the money on other things, but we will be buying an android tablet soon.

Ah, I guess Apple are aware of the issue then. If they're willing to swap it there and then I imagine it must be a problem big enough for them to swallow a loss.

wow, 'Apple in something breaks shocker'!

My iphone has just decided to stop working, took it to the O2 shop and they said it's nothing to do with them as Apple only have a 1 years warranty on the phones as every other phone company have a 2 year warranty! I phoned Apple who told me ''going on the symptoms'' i'm looking at £100-150 to fix it.

cheers Apple, but as clever as your marketing maybe, i'm off for a Android phone next time.

Currently Android tablets SUCK. The only tablet that is anywhere near the iPad 2 is the Motorola Xoom, which is thicker (albeit not by much). Don't be fooled by the fact that they both have 1 Ghz Processors. The iPad 2 outperforms the Xoom in both graphics and speed. Due to the size of their processors being twice the size of the snapdragon being used in the Xoom. As far as the iPhone goes, apple makes roughly 30 million or more a year. WHHAATT? One of the 30 million doesn't work! Stupid apple! I just might as well move to an android phone, because it's not like they are having MAJOR fragmentation issues. My friend has a nicer android and he is constantly complaining that certain apps (like photos, email) aren't working right. That's due to fragmentation of the Android OS.

In the end, your iPad 2 is leaps and bounds better than any tablet on the market. Not all products work on the first go. Let your company deal with it. I'm sure the second one will make you happy.

I don't even know where to start with that comment Krib other than [Citation Needed].

just waiting for my replacement ipad. my firm do not do anything quickly lol

I know this wasn't meant to turn into an Andriod vs Apple fanboy thread, I don't like Apple but my iPod I've had for about 6 years now, nearly 7, and it works as good as the day that I bought it. So I can't really fault them.

I know this wasn't meant to turn into an Andriod vs Apple fanboy thread, I don't like Apple but my iPod I've had for about 6 years now, nearly 7, and it works as good as the day that I bought it. So I can't really fault them.

my ipods the same, I;ve no idea what an android is but I;d love an R2D2 to take to work with me now that would be cool!!

Currently Android tablets SUCK.
Viewpad 10 wants to have a word with you.

Fragmentation? Are you incapable of updating your phone/tablet yourself? BAM Fragmentation-b-gone.

"The iPad 2 outperforms the Xoom in both graphics and speed. Due to the size of their processors being twice the size of the snapdragon being used in the Xoom"
...what? Twice the size of the snapdragon therefore better...? This makes no sense, in fact the guy who recommended stacking two CPUs on top of each other made more sense than this.

Apps not working properly isn't due to fragmentation (I'd be surprised if you actually knew what is meant when people say Android is 'Fragmented', or if you knew it's no fault of Google/Android), it's due to whoever created the specific app being shoddy.

Back to the subject on hand, couldn't you have swapped the iPad for a working one and your work never noticed? Aren't they all identical?

iPad 2 calls in "View Pad 10. Are you using an outdated OS? You are? Huh. Interesting. Wait, what is that you said? It wasn't even made for tablets! But for... Phones? Weird. Then why is it on a tablet? You will get back to me? Good luck.

Not only is the View Pad 10 using an outdated OS. It is running windows 7. The only problem is, Windows 7 was created for a computer that has a keyboard and a mouse. Not a touch pad. It's a pretty hefty machine. It's thick and bulky.

Another issue. Ever heard of HTML5? The future of web browsing? Android doesn't correctly run it on tablets. The iOS Safari does a lot better job of it.
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/03/22/ipad_2_beats_android_3_0_honeycomb_xoom_galaxy_tab_in_html5_savvy.html

Fragmentation. It is when there are many custom versions of the same thing, all coexisting. So, when someone makes an application for one version, it doesn't work as well on another version. Or there may be a bug not anticipated because it is on a different version. It can also be used as in "there are 4 different mainstream versions of Android ect."Like my friends mail, and photos, they just do not work correctly. His phone is completely up-to-date. I just checked with him today (he is a phone geek; I'm more of a computer geek-we get info from eachother refraining to each others specialty). He admits that it is a fragmentation issue. It will open, then crash. Or rearrange all of the photos. Or not open at all. Sometimes it only shows some pictures but not all. Not all of the buttons work correctly. It's not just his phone. This is the second of the same phone.

These problems do not exist on the iPhone. Or the iPad. Why? The OS was created to custom-fit that device. The hardware and software work together to achieve one goal. (for instance, the high quality pictures on iPod touches, but average cameras).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back