Another panicked noob!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

GlitchBoi

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm entirely new to the world of fish and have had my Betta for 6 months now and have been learning as I have been going! He is showing generic signs of being ill clamped fins, lethargic and slight discoloration. This is coming off the back of him having swim bladder disease due to constipation which seemed to have cleared up 2days ago after 3days fasting. Ask me all the necessary questions I'm desperate!

The questions -

What size is his tank, both volume and dimensions
Does the tank have a filter, and if it does what media are inside
Does the tank have a heater, and if so what is the water temperature (the temp of the water not the setting on the heater)
What are the ammonia and nitrite levels (after 6 months it should be cycled but something could have happened to harm the bacteria)
How often do you do water changes and how large
What do you feed him
Are there any tank mates (fish, shrimps, snails etc)
What decor is in the tank - ornaments, plants (real or fake) etc

The more info, the better :)

pictures?

do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for 2 weeks.
make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

What size is his tank, both volume and dimensions - it's a 20L tank 26.5cm (H) x 39cm (W) x 24.5cm (D)
Does the tank have a filter, and if it does what media are inside - I have a sponge filter currently running in there I was told I didn't need to add anything to it.
Does the tank have a heater, and if so what is the water temperature (the temp of the water not the setting on the heater) - There is a heater and water is usually around 80F
What are the ammonia and nitrite levels (after 6 months it should be cycled but something could have happened to harm the bacteria) 0 amonia nitrate and nitrite
How often do you do water changes and how large - I do 25% water changes once a week but have been doing these every 2nd day since everything started going down hill.
What do you feed him - Hikari betta bio gold floating pellets
Are there any tank mates (fish, shrimps, snails etc) No tank mates
What decor is in the tank - ornaments, plants (real or fake) etc previously there were live plants but as I was given the wrong information about them they died off and caused a lot of issue with water parameters. Currently there is one fake plant and a Buddha sitting in the middle of the tank, the plant is maybe just under half the height of the tank maybe less and the Buddha is about 3/4 of the height of the tank

Last edited:
pictures?

do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for 2 weeks.
make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

It's hard to get a picture of him as he keeps hiding away behind the decorations or heater - but the faded colour is clear as he is a usual bright vibrant blue and now its faded with a sublet white stripe going along the body. He has whitish yellowish belly from lying on the bottom as well, his veil tail is coming to point towards his tail so is his pelvic fins. he has developed a tumor under his gill thats a little larger than his eye but has had this for month and does not seem to have impacted him.

It's hard to get a picture of him as he keeps hiding away behind the decorations or heater - but the faded colour is clear as he is a usual bright vibrant blue and now its faded with a sublet white stripe going along the body. He has whitish yellowish belly from lying on the bottom as well, his veil tail is coming to point towards his tail so is his pelvic fins. he has developed a tumor under his gill thats a little larger than his eye but has had this for month and does not seem to have impacted him.

Pictures as he sits at the front of the tank not moving and only goes up for air.

20200419_062752.jpg
20200419_070104.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back