another cycling question

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

i dont believe that little fuzzy things should be growing on your shrimp at any time. I could be wrong by description but fuzzy stuff growing on anything living in your tank usually means fungus. although i can say i have never seen fungus on shrimp before. a picture would be great if you could swing that. In the mean time do all the shrimp have the fuzzy stuff on them? How about the other occupants of the tank?keep us posted this sounds interesting. :)

the shrimp is dead ..arnt you suppose to use dead raw shrimp for fishless cycling? ..thats what ive been reading

Never heard of dead raw shrimp for cycling. You should or we usually use ammonia, or fish cycle although it is preferred by most for a fishless cycle.

The shrimp method is generally used in saltwater tanks, fungus on the dead shrimp wouldn't be a problem. This method really doesn't create the extremely robust colonies that adding household ammonia would, so when the cycle is complete, stock carefully.

That method just doesn't seem as precise or controlled. Also doesn't even mention testing for nitrate

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back