Angelfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Reaction score
Just got rid of my Gold severum from my larger tank. I now have got 3 Juvi angels and am going to get another 2 soon... a gold and an platinum. I am waiting for a pair to form and hope to breed them in the future.

Just wanted to check whether the tank in a sig' is big enough for 5 juvi angels (3" in length max.) and the average size of angels before they begin to pair. Once a pair have formed I will return the other angels to the shop.
Also, what is some obvious pairing behavour?

Thanks, Meg!

Just got rid of my Gold severum from my larger tank. I now have got 3 Juvi angels and am going to get another 2 soon... a gold and an platinum. I am waiting for a pair to form and hope to breed them in the future.

Just wanted to check whether the tank in a sig' is big enough for 5 juvi angels (3" in length max.) and the average size of angels before they begin to pair. Once a pair have formed I will return the other angels to the shop.
Also, what is some obvious pairing behavour?

Thanks, Meg!

I'm not a pro, I only have my aquarium for the first time for just a bit more then 3 months. But today my angel laid the eggs, so I can share how it is with my angels. I had 3 marble in my first batch. When I bought them they were about 2,5" tall. I don't know how fast angels usually grow, mine become 5" tall in a month and half. You can't really tell the gender until they spawn, but I did suspect that the biggest bully is the female. A few weeks ago I've notice that Big Boss has a big belly. I didn't know if he/she just overate, so I waited till the next morning and checked up on her while she was still hungry. The belly was still there so I started to google how to bred the angels. Found great video on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBF4CfUCVpY), where Jazzy explained how to determine the gender by reproductive organs "papilla" and lots more information from how to set up breading tank to how to raise the fry.
Anyway, I found that my Big Bossy (turned out to be a female) the next size down male Angel are ready to bread. I was curios how soon that could happen and what place will be chosen for the "nest". But at the same time I couldn't tell if the pair was a pair, because Big Bossy was pecking on male angel as well as on other angels in the tank (I did get 3 more in between).
Yesterday I noticed that the pair hang out together bit more then usual and were sort of floating around my magnet glass cleaner slightly touching it with their cute fish lips. And today I've come home to the magnet covered with fish eggs and very protective/aggressive towards other angels parents.
I would include the photo, but I can't attach it today for some reason.

Good luck with pairing your angels!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back