An idea for keeping arowana

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Irishman05

Reaction score
(To clarify, I do not wish to keep an arowana at this time, as I'm far too incompetent for such a difficult fish)
I wonder if anyone has tried this, but since arowana need to jump, why not allow them?
Hear me out. Hang a fine net from the ceiling and keep it under the tank. Make sure it's taut so that the arowana doesn't get tangled in the net, but loose enough to bounce slightly, ensuring the arowana doesn't rip through and lands back in the tank.
Not sure if this is a good idea, but I'd like to find the opinions of more experienced people, especially those who have kept arowana.

(To clarify, I do not wish to keep an arowana at this time, as I'm far too incompetent for such a difficult fish)
I wonder if anyone has tried this, but since arowana need to jump, why not allow them?
Hear me out. Hang a fine net from the ceiling and keep it under the tank. Make sure it's taut so that the arowana doesn't get tangled in the net, but loose enough to bounce slightly, ensuring the arowana doesn't rip through and lands back in the tank.
Not sure if this is a good idea, but I'd like to find the opinions of more experienced people, especially those who have kept arowana.
not experienced, but one time a guy had a big fish thing, it jumped, and broke it's spine, heard they are strong jumpers,

Arowana grow too big for glass aquariums and should be kept in ponds. Then they can jump and not hit coverglass or supports on the tank.

Arowana grow too big for glass aquariums and should be kept in ponds. Then they can jump and not hit coverglass or supports on the tank.
ah yes. all the breeders of them are in ponds

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back