Guide 9 take care of your arowana fish to stay healthy

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

quyenquang1988

Reaction score
For those who love to raise aquarium fish, the arowana is a species loved by many arowanas because of its elegance and special features that bring the element of loveliness for the player to bring luck and goodness to the homeowner. . The price of arowana is usually very high. Due to its properties, arowanas are very difficult to take care of and raise. Therefore, how to take care of arowanas always healthy, not everyone can do well. Let's join them to learn more about how to take care of arowanas!
SGhpeiH.png

1. Choose good varieties
Choosing arowanas is very important, it affects the growth and development of the fish in the future. Choose an arowana variety by using color shapes, mouth, beard, gill cover, eyes, scales, ...

2. Number of farming
If your aquarium is small, you should only keep one, but if you want to keep a lot, you should keep in large tanks because Arowanas live in a territorial style, if they live together in a small tank, it leads to a fight for survival in the lake. if they are large, they can be reconciled. The aquarium for keeping arowanas should be at least 60x40x40 or larger.

3. Arowana aquarium
Arowana aquarium is the environment for the arowanas to grow and develop well, so special attention should be paid to this. As an aquarium fish that likes to swim on the water, the height of the lake is not necessarily a factor compared to their length and width, for example, a small fish about 15cm, a lake is 120 x 45 x 45cm, If it is about 30cm or more, the length of 180 x 60 x 45 cm is ideal.

- The place to place the lake must be a deserted place with few people to get around to avoid stress for the fish, the pressure around it can easily affect the background color of the fish, especially the overly pale Golden Dragon, sunlight is also a special factor. Especially important for the color of the fish, it is best to place the aquarium where it receives natural sunlight in the morning or afternoon. At night, do not turn off the lights too quickly, preferably turn on the lights for a few minutes before turning off the lights. If the darkness comes too quickly, the fish will panic, sometimes jumping around and causing injury.
YpblCbr.png

4. Cover to avoid dust or dirt
The cover of the lake is an indispensable part of arowanas because the arowana is famous for being a champion in the wilderness. If you have space, it should be smaller than the head size of the fish. For larger ones, apply a heavy object such as bricks to increase the weight of the lid. Many large dragons died suddenly from jumping out of the lake without their master's knowledge.

5. Place to place the arowana aquarium
Arowanas carry very strong feng-shui elements so placing the right feng-shui will bring a lot of luck to the homeowner, the place to place the arowana aquarium should choose a place with few people because it reduces stress for the fish, so it should be placed near the place if there is sunlight in the evening remember to turn on the lights for the fish and do not turn off the lights suddenly, it makes the fish panic and shy.

6. Water temperature should always be stable
It is important to pay attention to the water temperature because it affects the growth and is the habitat of the arowanas, the suitable water temperature for arowanas is about 29 -32 degrees C. It is necessary to check the water temperature regularly by heat. Design for maximum fish growth and development.
S6iRGB0.png

7. Always pay attention to the pH
The right conditions for arowanas require pH ranging from 6.5 to 7.5, sudden changes in the pH in the aquarium will lead to sick and weakened fish, so check the pH regularly and periodically. .

8. How to change water
Should change water periodically from 1-2 weeks, change water once, once 30 - 50% water change and pay attention to check the temperature and PH when changing.

9. How to feed the arowanas
Proper feeding is also paramount in healthy arowanas. Although 80% of the fish's natural color is due to genes from its parents, providing adequate nutritious fish food will not limit the development of the fish's beauty. You should change a variety of foods such as small shrimp in the market, fresh shrimp, crickets, cockroaches, worms, juveniles, siamese fish, a squash, and dry food ... If you want the fish to grow red, you should eat small shrimp. or shellfish (the shell containing the color-stimulating carotenoid) is the main meal. Market shrimp should be divided into small packages to keep its freshness.
You should only buy crickets and cockroaches that have been kept in the house to avoid fish poisoning by the insecticides that you often use in your home. Small fish such as Siamese fighting fish, 3 tails, and juveniles must be sure to keep them separately for about a week before being bait for arowanas because these types contain poisonous worms that will infect the fish easily. It is important to feed the fish highly nutritious foods to ensure maturity.
QYdU4sP.png

Feed the fish under 25 cm 2 to 3 times a day. More than that, 1 time a day is. Do not overfeed, only eat about 70%, the fish will not be bored with food. The heater should be kept at 28-32 degrees C because the warmth of the water will stimulate the fish to eat more delicious, of course it will grow faster. You should never leave food in the tank for long as it will pollute the water environment, so use a racket to remove any leftovers and fish droppings in the tank as soon as possible after each feeding
Readmore video us: I have had success with arowana fish gold 24k in asian

Attachments

• arowana fish gold 24k in asian.png
    arowana fish gold 24k in asian.png
    312.9 KB · Views: 127
I get that for some Asian cultures keeping Arowana is a thing and personally I don't think Arowana are suitable fish to keep especially in an aquarium. If one is going to keep them in a " deserted lake" then what's the point???
Arowana get way too big for most people to care for as most people don't have 200 gallon tanks which is the minimum tank size for one araowan in my opinion.
I appreciate the write up and I think people that keep Arowana are the same people that think owning a pet tiger is a good idea, it's not:)

I get that for some Asian cultures keeping Arowana is a thing and personally I don't think Arowana are suitable fish to keep especially in an aquarium. If one is going to keep them in a " deserted lake" then what's the point???
Arowana get way too big for most people to care for as most people don't have 200 gallon tanks which is the minimum tank size for one araowan in my opinion.
I appreciate the write up and I think people that keep Arowana are the same people that think owning a pet tiger is a good idea, it's not:)
The size of your arowana tank is up to you to make, and the environment you choose to keep your arowana in or out of a deserted aquarium

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back