P5233091.jpg

P5233099.jpg

P5233105.jpg

P5233108.jpg

P6053145.jpg

P6053140.jpg

P6053137.jpg

P6053132.jpg

Your filter looks like a microphone and looks like your fish trying to sing it :D

Stunning fish, prefer their close cousins Trimaculatus tho ;)

Trimacs are much more of a solo fish though.

Nice lyonsi, are you keeping a group?
Yeah i agree, i tried keeping a pair a few years back, got eggs and wrigglers but the male was like...raping the female so to speak, and no, i had a group of 6 last year but rehomed them when i downsized :crazy:

They almost look like a cross between a Salvini and a Rainbow Cichlid when young.

You keep some wonderful fish! :good:

Lyonsi are definately on my "want to try some day" list

Looking forward to seeing and hearing about updates on these !

Quick update... down to 4 of these now, 1 somehow managed to jump out of the hole in the tank where the filter pipes go, unfortuantly for the fish the T5 lights cooked it. was rather crispy when i took it out. lost 1 some time back due to my Calophysus macropterus taking one (this is now in the larger tank and about 16inch long)

As you can see they do like the veg i stick in for the plec, between them they ate the majority of a pear i put in the other day!

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

Excuse the quality btw, DSLR is upstairs and i cant be bothered to go up and get it (lazy i know!) as you can see iphones are not great!

Your filter looks like a microphone and looks like your fish trying to sing it :D
haha :) yeh the fx5 outlook doesn't look to neat does it!

Stunning fish, prefer their close cousins Trimaculatus tho ;)
I was stuck between the species to be honest when i got these, i chose these as they're not something i had seen before in person and are less agressive than most amphiliphus species.

Trimacs are much more of a solo fish though.

Nice lyonsi, are you keeping a group?
trying to, if i loose any of the remaning one's i'll buy some more as they're a tasty fish.

They almost look like a cross between a Salvini and a Rainbow Cichlid when young.

You keep some wonderful fish! :good:

Lyonsi are definately on my "want to try some day" list

Looking forward to seeing and hearing about updates on these !
I have a 'if i had the money to buy loads of tanks list' lol

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back