All ranks/milestones

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

PlasticGalaxy

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I've had a little look through other posts on the forum for this, but I was wondering what all of the ranks by your name are and how many messages you have to post so that you can "level up" to them? I'm at "Fish Fanatic" right now, which I think I got at around 60-65 messages. If anybody knows what all the different ranks are and how long it takes to reach them, please let me know!

Also keeping this is as a footnote since it's not worthy of a full thread: my clown loach has just died from white spot. R.I.P little fellow.

Hi, Im not sure the milestones that give you the ranks, but you can see how many messages you've sent by clicking on your profile picture in the top right corner, it looks like you've got 106. Also I'm so sorry about you clown loach, that's really hard and I give my condolences. Best wishes, Nele.

Hi, Im not sure the milestones that give you the ranks, but you can see how many messages you've sent by clicking on your profile picture in the top right corner, it looks like you've got 106. Also I'm so sorry about you clown loach, that's really hard and I give my condolences. Best wishes, Nele.
Alright lol, thank you!
And no worries about the loach... Definitely learned the hard way that I need to quarantine new fish. :flushem: Quite an embarrassing story for the future, I suppose.

The titles like fish fanatic depend on how many posts you've made. The exception is staff members. We have moderator or admin as our title.

You will see some personalised ones with members who joined a long time ago; once upon a time you could change your title when you reached a certain number of posts. That disappeared with an upgrade some time ago but those older members who had changed theirs still kept their personalised titles.

Sorry to hear about the loach :confused:

I've had a little look through other posts on the forum for this, but I was wondering what all of the ranks by your name are and how many messages you have to post so that you can "level up" to them? I'm at "Fish Fanatic" right now, which I think I got at around 60-65 messages. If anybody knows what all the different ranks are and how long it takes to reach them, please let me know!

Also keeping this is as a footnote since it's not worthy of a full thread: my clown loach has just died from white spot. R.I.P little fellow.
i’m sorry about your clown poach. it’s always sad when a fish dies...

The titles like fish fanatic depend on how many posts you've made. The exception is staff members. We have moderator or admin as our title.

You will see some personalised ones with members who joined a long time ago; once upon a time you could change your title when you reached a certain number of posts. That disappeared with an upgrade some time ago but those older members who had changed theirs still kept their personalised titles.

Sorry to hear about the loach :confused:
Oh yeah I know why you get the titles lol, just that I don't know how many messages constitutes new titles.

Someone really needs to make a thread with all of the milestones and posts that you need to get them.

Since I have over 10k posts, my title is “fish expert”, even though I am not even close to being an expert.

If you have over 20k, you get the “fish guru”, like @Colin_T.

I’m not sure on any of the lower titles; I passed those a while ago. :dunno:

Edit: I’m very sorry to hear about your loach. :(

There is a list of post for which title........ somewhere.........

It's not anywhere obvious though I do rememeber seeing it once.

Someone really needs to make a thread with all of the milestones and posts that you need to get them.

Since I have over 10k posts, my title is “fish expert”, even though I am not even close to being an expert.

If you have over 20k, you get the “fish guru”, like @Colin_T.

I’m not sure on any of the lower titles; I passed those a while ago. :dunno:

Edit: I’m very sorry to hear about your loach. :(
I'm going to do an any % speedrun on getting to the fish guru rank lol
But yes, a thread of all of the milestones would be amazing! I can't exactly pinpoint when I got the fish fanatic title, but I think it was around 60 to 65 messages... So we have those three down lol

There is a list of post for which title........ somewhere.........

It's not anywhere obvious though I do rememeber seeing it once.
Hm, I never remember seeing one. I know many people have asked @dascrow, but he doesn’t have a list.

I'm going to do an any % speedrun on getting to the fish guru rank lol
But yes, a thread of all of the milestones would be amazing! I can't exactly pinpoint when I got the fish fanatic title, but I think it was around 60 to 65 messages... So we have those three down lol
“Fish Aficionado” is 3k, because @AdoraBelle Dearheart has it.

“Fish Herder” is 1k, I believe.

Just click on people’s profiles and “guesstimate” what equals what. :)

Hm, I never remember seeing one. I know many people have asked @dascrow, but he doesn’t have a list.

Who has the most messages? I'm assuming it's @Colin_T just from who I've seen around lol.

Sorry, I've no idea when mine changed, I never pay attention to those titles/rankings/top commenter things, I find them a bit cringy to be honest. Most forum rating systems mean nothing. You could have a brand new forum member who is an expert fishkeeper with decades of experience and a marine biology degree, or someone could be highly ranked on the forum who chats a lot, but is still a newbie fishkeeper.

It's silly to chase rankings, points, likes, karma, whatever trophy. What's the point? You get a title, but it's meaningless. Contribute when you have advice, want advice, want to make a journal, or just want to chat about fish, but the points don't matter :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back