Albino corys- any one else find them SUPER ACTIVE?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Maroonostrich

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
We now have 3 bronze corys in the works tank..

Two are albino (pinky and perky) and one is a normal bronze (Billy).

Pinky and Perky are super busy little fish. At feeding time they whizz around with their noses in the substrate scoffing up whatever they can find- they do this all day at a slower rate too, outside meal times! They are up and down plants and into everything- Nemo the clown loach has to keep throwing them both out of his log!

They are also the pair that play endlessly in the filter bubbles- up down and all over all day long- they provide endless entertainment.

Billy, the normal fish, is quite subdued by comparison- he just likes to get on with it and tends to stay on the bottom- eating at a less frantic pace and sitting still some of the time- I rarely see P & P do that!

Are albinos buzzier?!! :)

yes it is normal
the level of "buzziness" reduces as they get older.

hehe I made a post earlier telling pretty much the same story. Diffently the most entertaining cories ive watched and i havent even had them a day yet! :cool:
i got a bronze at the same time and hes a lot more chilled out also hanging out wit the other cories at the bottom.

Mine go non-stop too. I have 4 albinos and 1 bronze and they are always together swimming non stop...even my school of Danios joins in with them...its fun to watch

The-Wolf said:
yes it is normal
the level of "buzziness" reduces as they get older.
[snapback]866666[/snapback]​

Thanks everyone- glad I haven't just bought two random, insane fish...!!

Is there any reason WHY the albinos are so scatty TW??

you jus made my want corys even more. saw some today an i might get 3 for my bettas 10gal sence he likes the otos, doesnt attack them or even flair at them jus swims by them when they swim in the middle of the tank. hes a very mellow betta :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back