Is my 1y/o cory dying?? I dont want to lose her.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CerealNeko

Reaction score
I had an albino cory since i started my 5g with my betta about a year ago. Petstore said it was a good algae cleaner. I didnt know better. Since then i learned about groups. Finally saved for a bigger tank. Got a 20g. Lost my betta. It was just my cory, mystery snail, and some hitchhikers from live plants. on the 21st of feburary i got baby corys from petco since my levels were at 7.5ph 0am 0nitrites and 10 nitrates. Before this i had a 20g tank i thought was cycled but wasnt due to human error of reading the tests wrong. Nitrates were 0 not 5. After a month the levels stabilized to what i just stated. (I started the 20g on jan 6 2021) i got 4 baby corys. Last Wednesday one died. I got him out as quick as i could. Following that i saw another baby twitch. Seemed like ich. I couldnt get to the store until thd weekend. On Saturday another died at 3am because i kept waking up to check on them due to paranoia. Sunday i got super ich cure. I added 10ml in my 20g and had the filter cartridge out. It looked liek they were improving throughout the week. Yesterday i put in another 10ml. The last dose until i do the water change tomorrow. (I normally do my weekly water change Saturday. ) Yesterday everyone was acting just fine and my adult cory was eating and acting all happy. Now i get home from school and i have the heater i got because i still saw one of the babys twitch and i see my adult acting like this. Shes not moving much and shes breathing odd. The others did this before they passed and im scared shes next. What do i do. Should i take her out. Will she pull through?

Also to update she moved by one of the hides and i can still see her. I saw her breathing randomly speed up but slow down again a second or two later.

Since i cant post the video ill think to my reddit question. (Im new so i dont really know how it works here..)

I'm so sorry about your corys, I'm not good with corys but there are alot of people here that are. If you are able, can you please provide the ammonia, nitrate, and nitrite levels, as well as ph. In the mean time, do a 50-75% water change and be sure that the water you add back is dechlorinated and the right temp. Corys are very susceptible to problems while using medication. The medication might be the problem so the water change should help with that. If you have one use a gravel vac to clean the rocks.

I am not sure it is ich. I don't see any white spots?
I think the ick was on a different fish... either way the medication might be causing the problems, unless its a parameter thing

If she doesn’t have ich then do big water changes. Put a bubbler in the tank to improve oxygen. Anytime you treat with meds or increase heat, you should add additional oxygen . I hope she pulls through. Keep us posted. Did this start after the medication was added. In the future, always quarantine new fish. :)

Note: Don’t remove your filter either when treating with meds. Just remove carbon. If your cartridge has the carbon built in then just cut the bottom of cartridge and shake carbon out. Then put filter cartridge back in. Your water still needs filtering. Most of us don’t even use carbon. Wishing for the best. ??

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back