Albino Corydoras

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

tylapollyanna

Reaction score
I recently purchased albino corydoras. I bought three of them and sadly one of them died. He seemed pretty lethargic from the get go.
I should have done more research before purchasing them and I recently found out that having a group of five or six is better for them. I should have done more research before purchasing them and I recently found out that having a group of five or six is better for them. Can I put five or six in a 56 L tank which I believe is around 12 gallons with a Betta fish?
I originally got the tank for the better fish because he is currently in a 30 L and I just wanted him to have a bigger home then I fell in love with the albinos.
is this tank big enough for all of them? Iā€™m worried my Betta will get stressed because the albinoā€™s donā€™t stay at the bottom like the pet shop told me! They swim crazy all around the tank. Is this normal? And will it stress my Betta out considering he likes to stay at the top.
my Betta is still in his 30L.

What are the dimensions of the 56 litre? With bottom dwelling fish the floor space is important, and some tanks are tall and narrow with a small floor while other's are wide and shallow with a bigger floor.
In fish keeping, it's always American gallons so your tank is 15 gallons rather than 12 :)

With cories, the more the merrier. If you have enough floor space, more is a good idea.

To be honest I would leave the betta in the 30 litre (8 gallon) tank and get different fish to go with the cories ;):)

Hiya! Iā€™m not sure of the dimensions but it is long rather than tall. Good floor space for them.
I wanted to put my beloved Betta in there because I wanted him to have more room! Why do you suggest that I donā€™t put him with the Cory? Will he be aggressive? He wasnā€™t aggressive when I first put him in (I removed him because I had ammonia in my tank- all cleared now)

I suggest leaving him in the 30 litre tank because bettas are not community fish, they are best in a tank on their own. Besides physical aggression, there is also chemical aggression with fish. They use pheromones to communicate with their own speciesand allomones to communicate with other species. Any fish picking up aggressive 'get out of my territory' allomones will be stressed even though we can't see why.

First and foremost, is the tank cycled?

I suggest leaving him in the 30 litre tank because bettas are not community fish, they are best in a tank on their own. Besides physical aggression, there is also chemical aggression with fish. They use pheromones to communicate with their own speciesand allomones to communicate with other species. Any fish picking up aggressive 'get out of my territory' allomones will be stressed even though we can't see why.
Ahhh okay thank you so much.
wish I did this research beforehand. I find that pet stores donā€™t tell you the right information and I shouldā€™ve known that before purchasing the corys. I love them but I originally wanted the 56 litres for him!
thank you for your advice :)

The first lesson of fish keeping is never believe anything a fish shop tells you. Most of the staff haven't a clue and will make up anything to get a sale :(

The first lesson of fish keeping is never believe anything a fish shop tells you. Most of the staff haven't a clue and will make up anything to get a sale :(
Iā€™ve noticed! Iā€™ve had my Betta for about 6 months. Heā€™s my first fish! Absolutely love him. They originally told me that 56 litres is too big and they even laughed at me lol. One even said I can put him with a female! Glad I did my own research.
thank you for your help!

Amen ?

Iā€™ve noticed! Iā€™ve had my Betta for about 6 months. Heā€™s my first fish! Absolutely love him. They originally told me that 56 litres is too big and they even laughed at me lol. One even said I can put him with a female! Glad I did my own research.
thank you for your help!
Good grief, this angers me so much. Clueless fish shops have got so much to answer for and rely on people either buying on impulse and haven't done their research (guilty as charged) or those hoping for advice because they're beginners... All about the money and not the livestock

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back