Air stone Dirty how to clean it?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jean1984

Reaction score
My air stone bubbler is dirty how do I clean it?

I wonder if I have to change the whole thing or I can clean the top without messing up the water ?

Thank you!

Attachments

• air stone dirty.jpg
    air stone dirty.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 68
i think if you clean the top some will clog up the holes.... maybe put it away from light or get a nerite snail and turn it off?

nerites are cute and good algae eaters, should be good for a little air stone

Take out of the tank, scrub in hot tap water, blow through the tubing to unclog any holes, wipe with clean rag or air dry, replace in tank.

I'm a bit violent with my cleaning, but a soak in food-grade hydrogen peroxide for half an hour cleans a lot of my equipment!

I'm a bit violent with my cleaning, but a soak in food-grade hydrogen peroxide for half an hour cleans a lot of my equipment!
That'll work....or plain white vinegar (rinse well afterward)

I take them out for a day wait for them to dry off and use a hard brush on them , or just scratch off the crap if I’m feeling a bit disgusting and nobody is watching lol

plastic airstone?!?

The good ones have a small weight in the bottom piece to hold them down. You can even join several together to make them longer but they don't need that.

The good ones have a small weight in the bottom piece to hold them down. You can even join several together to make them longer but they don't need that.
nice

Most reactions

Back