Air Pumps

jimmyringo

Fish Crazy
Joined
Aug 11, 2008
Messages
300
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Derry,Ireland
Can anyone recommend a really quiet air pump for a 30 uk Gal tank.I inherited a really old Elite pump but it is REALLY noisy.The tank's in my living room so i need it as quiet as possible.Any recommendations?
 
If the pump you have is a Hagen Elite then they are usually pretty good. The diaphragm could have a hole in it and this would cause the pump to make lots of noise but not pump much air. You can get new diaphragms from any petshop.
Rena, Whisper and Eheim airpumps are pretty quiet. Rena being my preferred choice out of them.
 
I've been told Tetratec is the way to go.Quiet ,reliable and affordable.Anyone have any experience of these?
My birthdays coming up in November and my daughter says she's going to buy me one.(She's only 5 so i'll actually be paying for it myself,but she'll wrap it and give it to me.The things we do,eh? :rolleyes: )
 
i have the tetratec 300 pump tbh i hate the thing its noisy as hell even with a rubber mat under it
 
Have you tried folding up a towel and setting the pump on it? My pump was pretty noisy until I did that and now the water falling 1/2" from my HOB is louder.
 
I think the tetra tech whispers are miss named. i have, however, heard great thing about their APS range, they are reported as very quiet.
 
I think the tetra tech whispers are miss named. i have, however, heard great thing about their APS range, they are reported as very quiet.

I have a tetratec and the airpump is insanely loud :P, The model is APS400, been loud from new..
 
Can anyone recommend a really quiet air pump for a 30 uk Gal tank.I inherited a really old Elite pump but it is REALLY noisy.The tank's in my living room so i need it as quiet as possible.Any recommendations?
ive got a rena 200 its quit and got it free from pfk
 

Most reactions

Back
Top