Air Pump Noise

tez2k007

Fish Crazy
Joined
Dec 1, 2008
Messages
359
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Gateshead
Whats the best advice for reducing air pump noise as tank is kept in main living room. Someone I know suggested placing it in empty egg boxes which will drown out the humming. Never heard of this but just wondering if this will work.
 
Thatg may work, we've got ours sat on a nice thick bit of foam that came as packaging for something (the joys of hoarding)

works well
 
Just make sure you do not block the air vents on the pump with whatever tou put it on as the pump will overheat, I have mine sat on a fabric bag with a games console in.
 
I have a few of the Rena air pumps and they are much quieter than several others I have used. I would not call them silent. An easy way to quiet a Rena air pump is to turn down the air flow a little. Any noisy air pump will sound better when it is sitting on a firm but not hard mouse pad.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top