Air Bubble Survival

Rex740

Fish Addict
Joined
Feb 24, 2007
Messages
907
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Florida
Hello, just a quick question. I am one of the people that dipnet in Florida and I am wondering something. I have recently recieved a bucket with a built in air bubbler/pump which was primarily used to keep bait fish for fishing. I am going to start supplying pet stores with fish soon, and I am wondering how long can fish survive with just an air bubbler and no filter? Thanks.
 
Hello, just a quick question. I am one of the people that dipnet in Florida and I am wondering something. I have recently recieved a bucket with a built in air bubbler/pump which was primarily used to keep bait fish for fishing. I am going to start supplying pet stores with fish soon, and I am wondering how long can fish survive with just an air bubbler and no filter? Thanks.
lots of factors would go into a difinitive answer..like how many fish youd be adding to the bucket..what type, etc.
but i live in NY and buy bait for ice fishing. ive kept about 3 dozen small and medium shiners alive for up to three weeks with just a bubbler. keep in mind this probably isnt the healthiest for the fish toward the end(its bait folks, they are going to be eaten, not pets) so if you are going to be seling them youd want them in good condition. fine over night or even a few days would be pushing it.
make a sponge filter and leave it in one of your tanks when you dont have specimens to keep "clean". they could udrvive just fine for a long while with one.
you should run a bubbler anyway in the bucket so a DIY sponge filter would be perfect. easy to make.
lemme know if you need guidance on how to make on if your interested.
cheers
 
Try here: http://www.aquariumlife.net/projects/diy-filter/19.asp#

You can use an airpump and airline with the airline put at the bottom of the lift tube instead of a powerhead.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top