Aggressive dangerous dog in my neighborhood.

If I lived nearby, I'd go talk to your neighbor for you. I don't know the laws in your area, but most places have laws regarding vicious animals and your local dog warden or sheriff's office should be able to inform you. It was Rollo and Sadie this time. Next time it could be someone's child. Or yourself. I know it's sad, but I don't believe there is a place in this world for aggressive animals like that that kill for no reason. *Hugs from Ohio*

@Flushable Pets, sometimes these dogs are actually really cuddly and stuff, but as I said earlier "there are no untrained dogs, just untrained humans" and people don't usually know how to handle a dog that controls them. If you let a dog know that you are not the boss then they will take over and ignore your commands.

Are there any laws about disposing of animals on your property?
I would honestly get a pellet or BB gun. I used to shoot stray dogs when they came in my yard, because of the fact that I was afraid they would injure or even kill my dog.

As long as you get flat headed pellets, it shouldnā€™t even break the skin, just hurt like crazy. BB guns have the same effect, but they are typically less accurate.

Or, you could get a high powered AEG. (An AEG is an airsoft rifle, that typically fires in full and semiautomatic.)

If you loose about 50 airsoft BBā€™s at those dogs, they shouldnā€™t be to hasty to come back.

ā€”ā€”

Can you not call animal control? Animal control should be able to take those dogs into custody after you have talked to your neighbors.

Do you have any neighbors that are your friends? Close living family members? The rule of two is a good idea for someone, regardless of age.

Hope this issue gets resolved soon, I hate to see someone in your condition, and your dogs, suffering.
honestly without sounding crazy I was thinking shoot em or something .. here in the uk we are ... honesty canā€™t think of a word that wouldnā€™t offend people . And canā€™t crush a snail without filing a police form out but I would love to buy a crossbow and destroy the cats that keep crapping in my garden I really would lol

@Flushable Pets, sometimes these dogs are actually really cuddly and stuff, but as I said earlier "there are no untrained dogs, just untrained humans" and people don't usually know how to handle a dog that controls them. If you let a dog know that you are not the boss then they will take over and ignore your commands.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. It goes beyond just training and certain breeds are genetically more prone to aggression and once they've done things like this, correcting this behavior is very, very difficult and you can never trust them again. I certainly wouldn't. No, my opinion will not be swayed.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. It goes beyond just training and certain breeds are genetically more prone to aggression and once they've done things like this, correcting this behavior is very, very difficult and you can never trust them again. I certainly wouldn't. No, my opinion will not be swayed.
That's ok. I wasn't trying to chahnge your opinion, just saying sometimes people beat dogs and thats why they attack things. Because they only know battle and blood and pain. That's all I'm saying not trying to change your opinion :).

That's ok. I wasn't trying to chahnge your opinion, just saying sometimes people beat dogs and thats why they attack things. Because they only know battle and blood and pain. That's all I'm saying not trying to change your opinion :).

It's sad that we live in a world like this.

@Utar what are you going to do about this? What is your plan of action? What is your last resort?
Right now probably nothing until my friend Harold gets back so he can go and talk to them with me. Once I feel them out and they will do something about their dog then that will be the best I can hope for. If I call the Police on them, and they, in the worse case scenario, are not good people then they might try and retaliate against me and this is fear of mine. But if it does come down to it and I sure hope it never does, I have a plan to get rid of the dog that doesn't involve violence. There are ways that I will not mention here, to get rid of the dog and keep all hush, hush.

Also I just talked today to another neighbor of mine, an elderly woman, that lives by her self on the other side of the road from me. She said that dog came on her property and killed two of her cats. So this dog has a history of killing other people's pets.

Right now probably nothing until my friend Harold gets back so he can go and talk to them with me. Once I feel them out and they will do something about their dog then that will be the best I can hope for. If I call the Police on them, and they, in the worse case scenario, are not good people then they might try and retaliate against me and this is fear of mine. But if it does come down to it and I sure hope it never does, I have a plan to get rid of the dog that doesn't involve violence. There are ways that I will not mention here, to get rid of the dog and keep all hush, hush.

Also I just talked today to another neighbor of mine, an elderly woman, that lives by her self on the other side of the road from me. She said that dog came on her property and killed two of her cats. So this dog has a history of killing other people's pets.
Those owners are irresponsible people who don't deserve to have a dog if they can't control it

Those owners are irresponsible people who don't deserve to have a dog if they can't control it
I agree, if you knew me and how I really am, you would not have recognized me the night that this happened. I felt guilty for letting it happen and helpless that there was nothing I could do about it.

Last edited:
What you are talking about is non-lethal and that is probably the way to go, but when a dog is a killer of other people's pets, do you really think it should be allowed to continue to do so?
No, absolutely not.

First step would be talking to the neighbors. If they are rude or stuffy or look like they want to choke you out, then back off. You have tried and now other means must be taken...

Then I would try the BB/pellet gun method. If hit in the right spot, they shouldnā€™t want to come back. Just make sure you arenā€™t in range for them to actually come attack you.

If that continues, I would call animal control and get them out here. If they canā€™t catch it or refuse to, call the cops. At this point, itā€™s not getting ā€œout of handā€ - you have tried your best and now itā€™s time for the police to step in.

If you have multiple witnesses then animal control/the police should definitely be called, after you try to talk some reason into your neighbors.

Definitely donā€™t go try to talk to them when they are partying. Alcohol usually doesnā€™t make people out to be that nice.

No, absolutely not.

First step would be talking to the neighbors. If they are rude or stuffy or look like they want to choke you out, then back off. You have tried and now other means must be taken...

Then I would try the BB/pellet gun method. If hit in the right spot, they shouldnā€™t want to come back. Just make sure you arenā€™t in range for them to actually come attack you.

If that continues, I would call animal control and get them out here. If they canā€™t catch it or refuse to, call the cops. At this point, itā€™s not getting ā€œout of handā€ - you have tried your best and now itā€™s time for the police to step in.
If you have multiple witnesses then animal control/the police should definitely be called, after you try to talk some reason into your neighbors.

Definitely donā€™t go try to talk to them when they are partying. Alcohol usually doesnā€™t make people out to be that nice.
I can agree with you on some of the points and talking to them will be my first step, but like I said the only person I have to help me is my friend Harold who will be home in a few days. Non-lethal means of running the dog off would be ok if this animal was just a nuisance, but it is not just that it is a killer of other people's pets, if it comes down to it and these people don't do the responsible thing, then the dog will one day just disappear. If they try and blame me I, then they will have to prove it.

Bottom line is that I hope this can all be resolved without all that and the people are good about doing what must be done. I want know until I talk to them, but I am not doing it alone. In the meantime I need to still calm down and not go at all this recklessly. Like I said earlier the police in my past have not been very helpful, when I was robbed, so I don't have much faith in them doing much for me here. I have found that most police want an easy open and shut case and don't like to work to hard for it. Now you and others may have a different experience with police then I have.

I can agree with you on some of the points and talking to them will be my first step, but like I said the only person I have to help me is my friend Harold who will be home in a few days. Non-lethal means of running the dog off would be ok if this animal was just a nuisance, but it is not just that it is a killer of other people's pets, if it comes down to it and these people don't do the responsible thing, then the dog will one day just disappear. If they try and blame me I, then they will have to prove it.

Bottom line is that I hope this can all be resolved without all that and the people are good about doing what must be done. I want know until I talk to them, but I am not doing it alone. In the meantime I need to still calm down and not go at all this recklessly. Like I said earlier the police in my past have not been very helpful, when I was robbed, so I don't have much faith in them doing much for me here. I have found that most police want an easy open and shut case and don't like to work to hard for it. Now you and others may have a different experience with police then I have.
Itā€™s sad your law enforcement isnā€™t better. :(

Iā€™m just saying, if that dog came into my yard and killed my cat or severely injured my dog, I would have shot it dead right then and there. At that point, the dog is on your property, ā€œdamagingā€ your property. That what I/my dad would have done.

In the mean time (until your friend gets there) keep your dog/animals in doors. If you see the dog in your property again, go inside, donā€™t try to shoo it off. It will most likely get mad.

Most reactions

Back