Aggressive dangerous dog in my neighborhood.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I think the fences are a good idea. I have a dog called Lillie and she's a maniac when it comes to foxes. She will literally try and kill them even though she's only 18 pounds and less than a foot tall. She's a cockapoo. So when we let her out we have to shut the gate on our deck/patio otherwise she will bark constantly. One time she saw a fox going into my neighbours garden, jumped the fence which is about 2 and a half foot tall and ran over to it. I've never seen a fox move so quick lol.

Anyway the fences are a good idea as long as your dogs won't jump over them. Be careful with them though just in case something burrows under the fence and your dogs can escape.

How has everything gone so far @Utar? Any positives?
Thank you Fish4dawin,
Well like I said all I can do now is hope the people control and contain their dog, because they now know that it is a problem for me and others. I buried little Rollo in a good grave with cement pads laid on top to keep other animals from digging him up. I also covered his body with lime to help hold down the smell. I don't want his grave disturbed. I took Sadie to the vet and got her three different meds to take, antibiotics and pain killers plus an antiseptic spray that I have to spray on her wounds several times a day. Sadie is really bouncing back and nearly back to her old self again. Sadie was just trying to protect Rollo and got hurt in the process.

Rosco is still just a puppy, a big puppy and he as totally confused and didn't know what to do. I scolded him telling him he is supposed to protect his sister and little brother, but he had no idea what I was saying.

So we are pulling back the pieces after that tragic night, and I am watching Sadie and Rosco like a hawk, I think they are getting a bet tired of me being overly protective of them.

The dogs will have to re-establish their pecking order now one is gone. Monitor them and make sure one doesn't get overly aggressive with the other during this transitional phase. They should have sorted it out within a few days but it can take up to 2 weeks.

I’m glad you were able to talk to them.

Usually owners will deny that their dog has done anything wrong. It’s the whole, “He doesn’t bite” thing. My response would be, “Mhh, I don’t know, he got teeth don’t he?”

In all seriousness, I’m glad you went to talk. I sure hope they do lock them up, and this thing stops.

If it doesn’t from here on out, involve the police ASAP.

Hi @Utar, do you have an update on how the situation has gone over the pond with your dogs? I hope none of the other have died or been injured and I hope that those dogs get what they deserve. How has it gone so far?

@Utar how has it gone? Sorry for pestering you but I would like to know what has happened. I hope a good thing has happened and nothing bad.

@Utar how has it gone? Sorry for pestering you but I would like to know what has happened. I hope a good thing has happened and nothing bad.
Sorry about not responding sooner.

The last time I saw the dog was when I was walking my dogs. Let me setup the scenery for you to get a better idea of what I am talking about. I don't live on the neighbor's street, My road runs behind their house two blocks away. Their dogs have to cross other people's property to get to the street I walk on and to my house, but no one is living on those properties. It is all grown up with trees and bushes.

I started walking with a long pole, a 3/4" 6 foot round wooden pole that is used to install in a closest to hang clothes. The last time that I saw the big dog that attacked mine, he came at us while we where walking. I raised the long pole running at the dog screaming like a banshee, the dog stood there watching me just before I got within a few feet of it then it turned and ran. I chased it a bit while slamming the pole on trees and yelling. After that day I never saw the dog again. So I am not sure were it is. Since that day it has not shown itself within sight of me.

Last edited:
Sorry about not responding sooner.

The last time I saw the dog was when I was walking my dogs. Let me setup the scenery for you to get a better idea of what I am talking about. I don't live on the neighbor's street, My road runs behind their house two blocks away. Their dogs have to cross other people's property to get to the street I walk on and to my house, but no one is living on those properties. It is all grown up with trees and bushes.

I started walking with a long pole, a 3/4" 6 foot round wooden pole that is used to install in a closest to hang clothes. The last time that I saw the big dog that attacked mine, he came at us while we where walking. I raised the long pole running at the dog screaming like a banshee, the dog stood there watching me just before I got within a few feet of it then it turned and ran. I chased it a bit while slamming the pole on trees and yelling. After that day I never saw the dog again. So I am not sure were it is. Since that day it has not shown itself within sight of me.
Hopefully they don't come back. Hvae the cameras been set up yet or have you not got one yet?

Hopefully they don't come back. Hvae the cameras been set up yet or have you not got one yet?
Not yet because I live on a fixed income and end of the year expenses hit me pretty hard, taxes, new tires for truck, Christmas, etc. But I will be saving up for a few months to do so. Thank you for the replies.

Not yet because I live on a fixed income and end of the year expenses hit me pretty hard, taxes, new tires for truck, Christmas, etc. But I will be saving up for a few months to do so. Thank you for the replies.
That's good. Are you planning on getting another dog at some point? Or will you not? I'd imagine 3 dogs is hard work.

You need to contact the council and other departments about the dog coming back onto your street after you spoke to the owners. They obviously aren't taking this seriously and you need to keep the relevant authorities informed of any and all instances relating to these dogs.

This needs to be reported and recorded every single time. If this goes south in a bad way, any evidence can be used in court. This includes the dogs wandering unattended into your street days, weeks or months after the original attack. It all adds up in court.

eg: The dogs attacked and killed you dog in December 2020.
You reported it to the Police and council when that happened (have dates, times and whoever you spoke to, get their names and position).
You spoke to the owners about the matter a few weeks later on a particular date. The owners said they would keep it on their property from now on.
The dog has since been into your street on these particular days (at a particular time) and growled, snarled, barked, bared its teeth, whatever, when it saw you and your dogs.
Your dogs were on leads being held by you when this happened.
The offending dog/s was not on a lead and no people were around besides you.
You now carry a large walking stick for protection when out walking your dogs because you fear for theirs and your safety.

-------------------
Every time their dog is out in public without a human who can handle and control their dog, it is breaking the law and shows a history of bad animal ownership from the owners.

If the dog is out in public 10 times a month, and its owner is not with it, that shows a clear history of the dog/s wandering at large and the owners doing nothing to control their animals. This type of information can allow the council, animal control or Police to step in and remove the dog/s, or fine the owners, or both.

If you carry a mobile phone when out walking, you can record the dog/s out wandering at large and this adds to the evidence. If you don't have a mobile phone with a camera, get a cheap digital camera and use the video setting to record it. Try to have the time & date setting on the camera if it allows for that.

Basically, you shouldn't have to carry a big stick and yell at an unattended dog in public that has killed one of your dogs and continues to threaten you and your dogs. If it continues to happen, the owners need to be held accountable for their inactions.

Dangerous dogs that have attacked and killed domestic pets, and threatened people, should be put down because they can and do kill people.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back