African Dwarf Frog In A 2.5 Gallon?

GuppyGoddess

Fish Herder
Reaction score
General thoughts on keeping an ADF in a smaller aquarium? I read they're okay in this size. . .would he/she have enough room to swim around and thrive (or just survive)?

My son wants one and I am okay with getting him one as long as we don't have to find room for a larger tank. I'm hoping to get a simple glass one with a glass lid (will research those details later). Right now, I'm considering the general size of the tank because I want to keep the frog upstairs in my son's room.

Thanks.

General thoughts on keeping an ADF in a smaller aquarium? I read they're okay in this size. . .would he/she have enough room to swim around and thrive (or just survive)?

My son wants one and I am okay with getting him one as long as we don't have to find room for a larger tank. I'm hoping to get a simple glass one with a glass lid (will research those details later). Right now, I'm considering the general size of the tank because I want to keep the frog upstairs in my son's room.

Thanks.

i would suggest no less than 5 gallons, per frog. keeping the water level to less than 12 inches.

2.5 gallon long would be fine for a single ADF a cube or a tall would be too small. Great little starter pets you could also get an Indonesian floating frog to hang around the top of the tank.

2.5 gallon long would be fine for a single ADF a cube or a tall would be too small. Great little starter pets you could also get an Indonesian floating frog to hang around the top of the tank.

I'm sure you MAY be right, but i would advise caution. the advice given, by most is, 5g per frog.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back