Advise Anyone?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Glennimation

Reaction score
I have a 20 gallon tank with about 6 swordtails, a gourami, and some catfish.

Right now, my tank is kinda... boring.

Can anyone recomend something to make my tank more exciting?

I was thinking maybe a few cherry barbs or some small tetras...

Help?

barbs and tetras can be fin nippers to the gourami!
What about some other livebearers like platys or guppys?
Mollys would be too big at adult size for a 20 gallon!

I have 3 upside down catfish and one cory

I have 2 male swordtails

and 4 females.

And your tank is overstocked if you add more fishes to. Like someone above says, what kind are your catfish and how many catfish do you have? Maybe trade some fishes for different species?

i would return the upside down catfish then get another 3/4 cories as they prefer to be in groups then your stocked if not over stocked

If he replaces teh upside down catfish he should be over stocked. I say add some apistogramma's. Very pretty, and well behaved!

If he replaces teh upside down catfish he should be over stocked. I say add some apistogramma's. Very pretty, and well behaved!

Isn't most apistos need soft water while swordtails do well in hard water? Also isn't that apistos can be aggressive during spawning?

Most Apisto's are tank raised, meaning they are a lot more used to your local area's ph and hardness. Especially if its lived in the tank at your lfs. I have a ph of 8.4 and my hardness is un readable ( thats how high it is), and i have a female Cockatoo Apistogramma in there. Apistogrammas for the most part when breeding arent aggressive. It also depends on what your definition of "agressive " is. They arent very aggressive at all. The most they will do is chase the fish away from the eggs, nothing else.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back