Ada Power Sand

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dazman74

Reaction score
New set up how much ADA Power Sand should I put under my aqua soil? Just a thin covering or cm of the stuff??? Thanks

hey Dazman, are you mixing them for a reason??

The aquasoil should contain everything you need. Even though the powersound is laced with N and P, research suggests this only lasts for a couple of week to a month.

It's my first attempt and been advised by the green machine. I'm putting amazonia soil on top

As much as i rate the Green Machine, i think they may be onto a spinner here. ADA aquasoil contains all the N and P and nutrients you need when setting a tank up. Powersand is just a high CEC porous sand that has been laced with N and P. It is also very expensive. ADA Amazonia is a brilliant substrate...

Now i'm not one for linking competeing forums, but i will link this as we don't have this kind of info on here. The second post is a marketing exec from ADA. Tom Barr (Plantbrain) chips in halfway down, Tom is a research aquatic botanist. He does make some interesting points regarding powersand.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/substrate/109890-ada-power-sand-amazonia-aqua-soil.html

personally i would go with the Amazonia and leave the Power sand.

Blimey... He's proper in to it!! :unsure: Wouldn't like to be in a room with him and george farmer! :blink: :S

I've bought the power sand and all the other bits and bobs I need so I'll put a bit in. Can't do any harm....thanks for your help

I've bought the power sand and all the other bits and bobs I need so I'll put a bit in. Can't do any harm....thanks for your help

it won't hurt and good luck with the tank...give us a shout if you need a hand with anything else. :good:

Thanks again......excited, all substrate in, waiting for some more sand and away I go with my hardscape. I'm certainly not doing a you tube video but might take some pictures.....

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back