Above Ground Pond/container?

Seedism

Reaction score
Hey peeps,

Basically i've been wanting to set up a pond, but due to living in a rented house with possibilities of moving into other rented places i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, are there containers you can buy to house fish? large enough for multiple goldfish, maybe like 2 metres squared or something like that, or possible to build my own? not sure what materials i'd need to do that though.

Any input would be appreciated :)

Thanks

I made my own using tantalised timber with 2x2 timbers at each corner & 3 along the longest sides & 2 on the shorter sides.
I insulated it by stapling some of those loft insulation sheets to the timber, then added the butyl liner.
It looks a bit like this, but deeper

http://p.twimg.com/AqWqqoKCAAABwh_.jpg

My goldies survived a -15 degree winter in it!

Hey peeps,

Basically i've been wanting to set up a pond, but due to living in a rented house with possibilities of moving into other rented places i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, are there containers you can buy to house fish? large enough for multiple goldfish, maybe like 2 metres squared or something like that, or possible to build my own? not sure what materials i'd need to do that though.

Any input would be appreciated :)

Thanks

The outside "Ponds" I am using are basically just containers.... At my previous residence.... I had 12 x 2m circular kiddies pools (about 500mm deep).... with filtration and the plants were potted.... (because I had the space for it).... I am now using 3m x 4m x 3m deep plastic containers, which is easy to move..... I merely drain the water to about 8 inches deep (keep the fish in) and move.... They are then ready for refill when I get to the next house (even if it takes 24hours to get there)... without the loss of a single fish....

Looks great :) Will def look into something like this.

thanks!

And Ludwig, my dad used a huge swimming pool (like the ones with the frame and liner) to house his koi after my parents split and he was renting, would be too scared of something putting a hole in it though :p Gonna keep an eye out for suitable containers for what i want, and look into building my own, see what i can come with :)

Look into rubbermaid agricultural tubs. I run a 150 gallon tub outdoors during the summer, they do have a 300 gallon one.

Most reactions

Back