8week old electric blue acara

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
E33773AD-D492-459C-8DE2-A91561F4ECBC.jpeg
Hello all been a while since posting but here’s my 8week old electric blue acara just been introduced into the main tank and doing great , 12 still happy with the adults waiting for there new homes .. apart from Kong one fry who il be keeping (not pictured)who il be posting there growth in the future

What else do you have in the main tank with him?
My main tank atm has breeding pair of electric blue acara
8 x Colombian Redfin tetra
10xbronzed corydora
2 x keyhole cichlids
2x juvenile green severum
And a single geophagus dicrozoster who has killed his 3 comrades lol
My eba breed like mad bit found away to stop mine for now lol

Looks awesome! Looks more blue than the parents too?

Looks awesome! Looks more blue than the parents too?
They have taken there moms colouring , thank god lol ,there dad isn’t a great coloured fish he’s a good size but washed colour , but for fish this size ( almost feeder) They have really nice colour had no problems selling them even so small , not something I’d look to do again without cycling a tank off first because the daily water changes really made me resentful towards the end lol

8728456D-5260-4BE5-93A8-EE5DDDB477C5.jpeg
This isKong the one il be keeping , I’m keeping this chap for obvious reasons , it’s colouring is better than a lot of adults and this chap is huge , it was laughable to see it with its siblings a pure alpha, even ate a few of the small sick runts , even acts differently to the others it acts like an established fish already claimed territory in the main tank and actively defends it from its siblings the others seem to school , I know not a schooling fish but they seem to be living in groups at the moment other than kong lol

EBA my 2nd favorite fish. "Good" looking juveniles. Raised hundreds, been breeding them for a couple of years now. In fact have approx. 4 dozen in 2 grow-out tanks. Yes, water changes are very beneficial and the LFS's I sell to are amazed at their size for their age.

Good Luck!

EBA my 2nd favorite fish. "Good" looking juveniles. Raised hundreds, been breeding them for a couple of years now. In fact have approx. 4 dozen in 2 grow-out tanks. Yes, water changes are very beneficial and the LFS's I sell to are amazed at their size for their age.

Good Luck!
I happy they are of good enough size at 8 weeks to be able to go into an adult tank and yeah they have really nice colours for there age glad I raised them , I’m thinking il leave the parents from now on as they lay every 14 days so would be beneficial for me if they raised them

My pair are "Great" parents, although most times the male will banish the female to the other side of the tank. When that happens I remove one or the other. Kinda of works out, since they cannot spawn when apart. But... when I am ready within days of putting them together again I have another spawn. Like clockwork.

My pair are "Great" parents, although most times the male will banish the female to the other side of the tank. When that happens I remove one or the other. Kinda of works out, since they cannot spawn when apart. But... when I am ready within days of putting them together again I have another spawn. Like clockwork.
I don’t want to split mine as they are my dominant fish and I fear if they aren’t together the bigger sev or geo will bully and take over , I can stop mine from breeding I have to put more sand so they can’t reach the glass as they will only lay on glass bottom lately

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back