80 Gallon, Lightly Planted

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hows the Rainbow settled in? Everyone getting along ok

Hows the Rainbow settled in? Everyone getting along ok
Yeah, they all get along great. The Rainbow has learned to work around the Blue Acara, and he has colored up into a VERY nice pastel yellow. Everybody is a bit bigger, too.

20210418_231332.jpg

Hard to get a good picture of Mr. Rainbow, since TapTap (the Blue Acara) likes to be in my face when I approach the tank.

Attachments

• 20210418_231329.jpg
    20210418_231329.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 20210418_231229.jpg
    20210418_231229.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 62
Looking good :) fins colouring up lovely too.

Do yo get much digging from you Rainbow or Acara?

Do yo get much digging from you Rainbow or Acara?
No digging at all from those two. Mr. Rainbow (not actually sure if it is male) likes to pick at the sand for bits, and nibbles on the plants. The Orange Chromides dig a bit, which can indicate breeding (not that they would be successful in here).

No digging at all from those two. Mr. Rainbow (not actually sure if it is male) likes to pick at the sand for bits, and nibbles on the plants. The Orange Chromides dig a bit, which can indicate breeding (not that they would be successful in here).
Thats good then you not getting much digging. I really want some cichlids for my big tank and im thinking of some Rainbows/acaras as options but im a bit Ocd with my tanks, so not sure i want a destruction crew moving in lol

Last edited:
Thats good then you not getting much digging. I really want some cichlids for my big tank and im thinking of some Rainbows/acaras as options but im a bit Ocd with my tanks, so not sure i want a destruction crew moving in lol
I haven't noticed them attempting to move any of the rocks or plants or generally disturbing anything. Although, it could be because my tank is just busy enough to keep their attention wandering while not being so busy to stress them out.

I haven't noticed them attempting to move any of the rocks or plants or generally disturbing anything. Although, it could be because my tank is just busy enough to keep their attention wandering while not being so busy to stress them out.
Good to hear, sounds like youve got a nice harmony in the tank.

I think im going to go for some Rainbows.

Good to hear, sounds like youve got a nice harmony in the tank.

I think im going to go for some Rainbows.
They really are cool fish. If I had another 55 or a 40B, I would think about breeding them. Mine really does love the veggies and nibbling on plants.

Most reactions

trending

Back