75 Gallon

Cocomojo

Fish Fanatic
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Lookin at a 75 gallon aquarium

Dimensions are 20.75" High, 48.25" Long and 18.25" Deep

Guy wants $50

Just curious to opinions, I won't have a stand for it right away. Also would getting an aquaclear 110, be more than sufficient filtration?
 
Thats a steal in my eyes. you coul always get a cheap stand of the local classifieds ads, or ebay. Or even build you're own :)

As for filtration, im not to familiar with HOB's, but it all depends which and how many fish you are keepin.

Cheers
 
actually just found a 75 gallon stand for $50 in the same town lol. I'm only familiar with the HOBs but only with smaller tanks. Tank this large would be completely new territory to me. Used to have tanks 40 gallon and under, but that was also before I knew all the science of fishkeeping that is now available.
 
I moved this to Tropical Discussion, since it doesn't involve an actual transaction on this forum. It will also get more traffic that way.

Yes, that is a good deal. The AC110 is one of the best power filters you will find, and unless you plan on keeping larger messy fish or overstocking the tank it should work fine.
 
Tank sounds like a steal, wouldn't know about the filter, but i'd be swayed to get an external filter for the tank. Just my personal preference.
 
I really don't know much about externals.. brands/pricing or how they work and how to maintain lol

There any good links someone could provide lol
 
Aquaclears are great filters. I've been running them for years, plus the media system is fantastic in that you can customize your media just like a canister type filter.
 
If you hang around debating filters, someone else will have that tank and the stand. After you have the tank home is soon enough to worry about what filter to get. I like canisters and big sponge filters with power heads but the options are almost endless.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top