75 gallon stocking question

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Jrw

Reaction score
I have a 75 gallon that currently has a 4 inch gold severum 1.5-2 inch green terror and 6 Columbian tetra. I'm wanting to add a jack dempsey, will it be too much aggression for a 4 ft tank. I'm running a ehiem 2075 and sunsun 304b so filtration should be fine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

The Jack Dempsey is very aggressive. And at 8 inches (10 inches is possible) it will need the entire tank to itself.

You already have problems waiting to occur. Green Terror attain 8 inches, 12 inches possible, and at that size are known to eat smaller fish (like the poor tetras).

All of these fish look nice in the fish store when they are juvenile, but they do not make good community residents.

Byron.

I was thinking it might have worked because JDs mostly find a cave and hide and some GTs are pretty laid back. The severum doesn't start anything with anyone but won't take anything either. The tetras are really just in there to fill out the tank and had movement while the other fish are growing. I'm still not sure the GT is actually a GT, it still doesn't have the orange trim on it's tail only it's dorsal fin

Most reactions

trending

Back