70 Liters... How Many Fish?

cherrytetra

Reaction score
can anybody advise me on how many fish i can keep in a 70 liter tank? i am looking at all small fish below 3"

thanks for any help :)

Thats about 19 us gallons.

Youre looking at about 1" of fish per gallon to start with. Then ive heard, providing your filtration is up to it, you can stock a bit over after about 6 months, do this with caution though

Thats about 19 us gallons.

Youre looking at about 1" of fish per gallon to start with. Then ive heard, providing your filtration is up to it, you can stock a bit over after about 6 months, do this with caution though

ok thanks very much :)

DONT use that link given in the last post. The calculator in the link doesn't take into account your tank height so it would give the same result for a tank 100" high or 10" high, not very good in my opinion!

Stick to the 1" of adult fish per US gallon to start with. After a period of 6 months or so this can normally be increased to 1.5" / 2" per US gallon but ONLY IF you have double filtration of better, for example, you tank is roughly 19/20 US gallons so you'd need filter which is capable of filtering 40 US gallons of preferably more.

Andy

Yes, for new members here on TFF, discussing your stocking numbers and stocking details in an extended fashion here on the forums is a much higher quality way to acheive a more successful tank. It takes time and effort but using the stocking "calculators" on various web sites is much more error prone in my opinion.

~~waterdrop~~

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back