7 Foot, 1074 Litres, 284 Gallons.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ye its doing great, it just hangs about with the two delhezis, it was funny yesterday, one of the big geo surinamensis must of thought it was a twig or something and kept pushing it sideways around the tank and couldn't understand how it kept coming back! haha was funny to watch

hi mate did the polishing pads work ive currently got tea stained colour in my oscar tank ive just set up my small eheim packed with cottom wool i take it these pads do the same thing?

yeah they work well, my water is always crystal clear. cotton wool is a bit too dense, probably slows the flow of the filter considerably. i would recommend using the correct polishing pads for a decent result.
or for a cheaper option you can buy sheets op polishing pad made for pond filters, get one of them and cut it to the right shape, easy, i get the big sheets from my lfs for £5 and they make 6 polishing pads for my eheim 2080's, and they are about the biggest filters out.

ill give this cotton wool 48 hours if not ill get some of the pads cheers fella

i would see more issues with using cotton wool than just it being too dense.
when you use cotton wool, in general, like for example on a cut on your arm, 9 times out of 10 after wiping it over your skin you leave loads of little cotton wool threads, imagine these going through your filter, they would possibly block it further.
i would personally take it out straight away, the stuff for ponds at fish shops is cheap and works.

i have used it before for the same purpose (on a different tank) and its in my ehiem which is a spare anyway like i said ill see how it goes

sorry to flood your thread think i sourced the problem ive cleaned my fluval out it had bits of sand in that i missed and replaced the carbon watch this space i guess

ah right, i have just removed all the sand from my tank for that reason (and 2" of sand in a 7x2.5 tank is a lot!) it was all getting sucked up into the eheims and the fluval fx5 and it would eventually knacker them, its the fluval fx5's turn to get cleaned out today, shouldn't be any sand in there this time as there is none in the tank! ha

yea its purely the reason why i hate sand in the tanks a lot of the fish have mud and gravel in the wild so they dont need it lol

Love the new pics m8, especially the Dats obviously. I had ordered one for last week but got stuck in Barcelona cos of the no flying an missed it. Ordered another now for 2 weeks or so. Cant wait to get a group like yours.

yeah i love the tigers, obviously! Im hoping to get a campbelli pretty soon. Then for the rest of my life look for a pulcher! Im also hoping to get another 2 pairs of rays within the next few months, a couple of special ones! Not sure if il keep the motoros, will have to see how much room they have. Also will hopefully getting a few more special fish soon. You will have to wait and see! Very rare, big, scary! Nice dentures and i dont know any one else with one. That should keep you guessing!

loving the Geo's mate they are fantastic looking :good:

sabre tooth tetra?

naaa suppose similar in a way, but from a different part of the world! Simon i love the geos too, got them for a bit of colour and movement as rays always on bottom and tigers hide. They are really big and chunky! But for supposedly peaceful cichlids they scrap a lot! Only with each other, sometimes they start pushing the bichirs round the tank sideways though! Im sure they think they ar twigs! And now and again when they venture too close to the big tigerfish they get chased away! But apart from that the tank is fairly peaceful! The male motoro has been trying to mate with the female, takes a few nips out of her disc! They heal really quick though. Im pretty sure the female is still too young to reproduce though, she is only about 11" disc. Hopefully if she puts on some size within a few months we may have some results this year! This male should make for some really nice pups too!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back