7 Foot, 1074 Litres, 284 Gallons.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Would the fish with big scary teeth happen to be any sort of hydrocynus or hydrolycus?

hydrocynus, vittatus, not goliath! haha well thats if they are still in stock when i order! i should end up with two, but would only like to keep one, will probably sell one one when they grow a bit! was thinking of a cichla temensis but unsure really, don't want to over stock too much as im planning on more rays.

hydrocynus, vittatus, not goliath! haha well thats if they are still in stock when i order! i should end up with two, but would only like to keep one, will probably sell one one when they grow a bit! was thinking of a cichla temensis but unsure really, don't want to over stock too much as im planning on more rays.
The Temensis are cheap at wholesale tropicals on tff i think. Did you get round to looking for the Parachromis Friedrichstalii and the other two?

yeah they aren't on the germany list, i tried to email you before but its messing me about! i will have to look at the other lists when i can!
i can't order off these lists now anyway as its too late but should get sent mays one in the next couple of weeks hopefully and then i will be ready to order, im looking forward to it!

yeah they aren't on the germany list, i tried to email you before but its messing me about! i will have to look at the other lists when i can!
i can't order off these lists now anyway as its too late but should get sent mays one in the next couple of weeks hopefully and then i will be ready to order, im looking forward to it!
Coolio i've been scouting on the net and cannot find them :(

i can't find them anywhere mate! i will keep a look out though.
i have a problem anyway, well more of a question on how to do something, im pretty much stuck!
in each rear corner of my tank is all the filter outlets/inlets, and they have suckers on to keep them on the back, but because the fish keep knocking them off they stick out from the back, now my plan is to get some perspex (probably black, blue, or smoked) to cover the corners just to make it look tidier really, i'd cut numerous slits in to allow for the required amount of water flow, but my problem is, it can't be permanently fixed, the way the tank is made wouldn't allow me to access behind it at all, so the question is, does anyone have any ideas , no matter how big or small, on how to fit perspex into the corner of my tank, going from bottom all the way to the top, that is fixed very securely but removable? also i can't really be emptying the tank at all really!

and one more question for the experienced ray keepers! how old or big would a female motoro be before it is 'sexually mature' / able to breed? my rays normally go really fat after feeding, you all have probably seen pictures of a ray with a bulging back end after a good feed! but normally find that the majority of the bulge has gone by the morning or mid day, obviously due to them passing the food! simples? yes?
my female has been fat now all week, she is passing food and eating lots of it when i feed, but the bulge now goes right from near the back of the ribs (back of head area) and down to the base of the tail? don't know whether to be worried or pleased? so, naturally im worried! ha
the female gets a few more nicks out of her disc now and again, no worried they heal up really fast, is this purely due to the male trying to breed with her or would the male naturally do this to a female for any other reason?

lots of questions!! will get a decent picture of her when i get hold of the camera, seems to be a very illusive piece of equipment!

so am i! i need to get me a decent camera. should have a load of fish coming next wednesday, won't get back until late on wednesday so will try and get pictures the day after, so a week tomorrow!
the african tigerfish idea is out of the window for now, maybe at a later date!

so am i! i need to get me a decent camera. should have a load of fish coming next wednesday, won't get back until late on wednesday so will try and get pictures the day after, so a week tomorrow!
the african tigerfish idea is out of the window for now, maybe at a later date!
Will have to get some , just need more cash i think lol

ye, cash always seems to be an obstacle! We will see the quality of these fish next wednesday and take it from there! Its my birthday on 17th next month so might treat myself to a box of fish! Haha definitely want the tigerfish sometime though!

I saw that comment Dave, didn't appear out of order??!! Surly its not a bannable comment?

Hows things going with this?

Anything new to show off?

Any updated pics of the tank yet?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back