TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator āš’ļø
Tank of the Month šŸ†
Reaction score
We have a winner in Tropical Fish Forums'
March 2022
Pet of the Month Contest

We had 10 awesome pet pairs entered in this month's POTM contest which featured "Pet Pals". But only one pair could win...

And the winner is.......
:band:
:hooray:
Biofish
Let's all congratulate them
:drinks:
Here's their awesome dogs and their description
DE1EDD4C-8498-4738-8DA6-D816339EDFD8.jpeg
Hello everyone! Thought I would try shooting my shot this time! These are my absolute reasons for living; Ellie, the red and white Alaskan Klee Kai, and Yuki, our rescued white jindo mix (featuring drawn on eyebrows because Whoops my hand slipped). Ellie is going turn 7 in June while we are celebrating Yukiā€™s first birthday in a few days.

In 2015, my first doggo passed away at 15 years, and me and my family just couldnā€™t handle the sheer quiet in the house afterwards. No little paw clicks. No barks at people walking by. No little gremlin ready to snatch our pizza crust if we looked away. It was awful. And thatā€™s when we actually just stumbled upon Ellieā€™s breeder. And just as we got into contact with her, one of her dogs went into labor and BaM! Ellie was pooped into this world in all her little butt nuggetness! The breeder invited us to her house and we first held Ellie when she was only two days old, with her sealed ears and eyes, and our hearts were sold. We visited Ellie and her siblings at least once a week every week until we were allowed to bring her home! So we got to watch our little baby grow up and we have lots of pictures documenting the process.

Ellie is a very precious bean. Sheā€™s very emotionally intelligent and can read our body language to a T, to the point where it feels like she can understand basic sentences. Itā€™s kinda scary but in a very loveable kind of way. We can trust her off leash in familiar areas but she is a very anxious little nugget who feels more comfortable on the leash or in a backpack in new areas and absolutely REFUSES to even possibly be left at home alone. Sheā€™s very easy to train for tricks; she knows sit, lay, paw, speak, spin, and reach for the sky which is essentially a beg pose but she flings her front paws high up in the air. Itā€™s precious. She doesnā€™t bark much unless sheā€™s annoyed, instead she has a surprisingly deep husky speak yodel, which of course has different tones and frequencies that she goes through to show just how displeased she is at any given moment.

Yuki was a surprise. We were casually looking for a second dog (Ellie was getting a little chubby, and we wanted something to spice up her life a little bit teehee) at local rescues six months ago and talking with the people running it. We hadnā€™t exactly settled on a pup yet when the people of the rescue suddenly called us and said ā€œWe have a dog coming in on a plane right now and we donā€™t have a home for her can you take her pleaseā€ and. Well. Two hours later we were at the airport for our new pup. She was rescued from the Korean meat farms, so when we first got her she was terrified of everything. Loud noises, fast movements, men, us even looking in her vague direction were an absolute no no. Ellie *hated* us for our decision. She screamed and she and Yuki got into frequent fights at first, either over Ellie getting jealous or Yuki trying to get possessive of toys/beds/people that were Ellieā€™s (we got Yuki all new things for herself but she also wanted Ellieā€™s things). It was a very tiring couple of months, but the progress has been astounding! Ellie and Yuki now play with each other several times a day! Ellie lost 4 pounds from the activity and Yuki, who was skin and bones when we got her, gained lots of weight and now you can no longer see her ribs. She still hates men and is a bit skittish, but sheā€™s coming into her own fantastically! She loves tummy rubs and is very enthusiastic about seeing us if she hasnā€™t for a whole 10 minutes. She still hasnā€™t gotten out her her terrible chews though, drools in the car, and she still thinks a fresh pile of poo is a delectable snack, but she is leaps and bounds better. Ellie is annoyed by the endless puppy energy, but you can see how she secretly loves Yuki by the fact that whenever Yuki needs to take a bath, Ellie somehow manages to open the closed bathroom door and plants herself in front of the shower to make sure Yuki is okay. Yuki is definitely not an off leash dog and sheā€™s a bit too excited still to train, but weā€™re so happy we got her.

They are fed Merrick (spelling?) but weā€™re trying to change to to something healthier. Ellie has a very sensitive stomach though and isnā€™t handling the slow transition to a new food very well.

Congrats to @biofish for your very photogenic pet dogs. Nice photo. Well deserved win!
We had a tie for 2nd place
@OliveFish05 with her two cute bunnies -- and
@robmcd with his romantic picture of his pet dogs

Thanks go out to everyone who participated in the contest by either entering or voting or both.

Our Tank of the Month contest is now accepting entries for tanks sized at 17 to 30 US gallons. If you have a tank of that size, we hope you enter the contest. The entry thread is linked below:

Last edited:
@biofish will soon receive a POTM Winner banner in their profile area signifying their win. The winning photo will also be added to our POTM WALL OF FAME

Congratulations! Very cute pic. The drawn on eyebrows are hilarious!

Thank you everyone! Iā€™m happy you guys enjoyed Yukiā€™s drawn on eyebrows. I gently wiped them off pretty soon after drawing them, and now Yukiā€™s face looks very empty! šŸ˜‚
BA8E650B-0964-415C-A144-4C04604EB899.jpeg

Observe! Naked face!

@ biofish
Feel free to post more pics or a YouTube video link showing off your ā€œPet Palsā€

What is that chaise theyā€™re lounging on?-looks interesting

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back