55G What Do You Guys Think Of My Fish Pics

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ninjaseal

Reaction score
wl89k2.jpg

i have cups to make it easier on cleanup and easy for changing territories and no accidents with rocks breaking glass

Hmmm, im someone that likes a natural looking aquarium...

I agree with the others...natural is better. I have slate and a broken clay pot, if you really don't want rocks the pet stores have nice real looking decorations.

like i said in your other post i doubt that they are aquariumn safe plastic and i would be affraid that the print etc may come off the cups in the future contaminating the water :blink:

i think the tank could do with a background too :good: and some fish......

the cups r safe , i soaked them to see if the dye would come off and they didnt, ornaments at the pet store tend to be hard to clean algae off of, with the cups its no problem

I agree with the others...natural is better. I have slate and a broken clay pot, if you really don't want rocks the pet stores have nice real looking decorations.

tank036-1.jpg

i went for the clay pot look aswell, altho ive now recived my plants ive had to change a few things.

tank075.jpg

tank036-1.jpg

i went for the clay pot look aswell, altho ive now recived my plants ive had to change a few things.

tank075.jpg

nice pics bro, i like your setup , i use to have petrified wood (rocks) , and a nice piece of wood , but i got rid of all my dec , and im a little money short at the moment so right now im cheapin it

Planted bogwood, Natural cobbles, Eldoa's and a Coconut shell with Anubias is what I use to make mine natural, I also have a plain black background I'll post pictures later.

James.

Agree with the others on the decor not my cup of tea either... I would pay a bit more attention to the warning of non safe plastics though the various finnishes that plastics go through could easily leech off when submerged in a tank if you want to use cups in the tank maybe use glass ones?

What I do like however is your fish :D Good choice with a sal interested to see how they work out - if your planning an upgrade soon I would get 4 or 5 more sharks though as they really do need to be in groups and if the upgrade is on the cards the school will do very well though, denisons are usually reccomended for a 55 but with the cichlids it kind of throws the balance but still nice fish you have there:)

Quite inventive to use cups! I'd swap them for glass ones that don't have any kind of paint or finish, just to be on the safe side. That said, generally food-safe stuff is OK for an aquarium.

How about getting a background on there? Even a sheet of dark paper or a black plastic bag could create a nice background and make your fish stand out more.

i want to see a tank similar to the OP's but with plastic beach buckets instead of cups. also if the cups are dishwasher safe and intended for human use i wouldnt have any concern using them in my own tanks

though i would probably just go to a garden centre/nursery and buy some cheap clay pots. punch out the bases of the pots (i think its better if the fish have 2 entraces/exits, prevents them getting trapped by a more aggressive fish) with a hammer or similar and use them instead. if u plan to attach plants to them its generally better to rough up the surface to allow the rhizome and roots to latch on easier (unless u use glue)

hey thats a good idea to use glass cups... a background would be good .. but i like to see through the tank and show off how clear the water is =)

thanks everyone for your great responses

im going to add 1 glass cup , and keep the rest

tank036-1.jpg

tank075.jpg

Love these pics!!! This is what id like to have eventually :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back