40g breeder plans...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

How do I ensure that the bga from this tank, doesn't go to the 40g? I'm going to be cleaning the rocks off really well and the lighting schedule will be different as well. (I'll probably be changing to a nicrew classic led as well when I can)...

Also, for QT purposes, can the 10g hold all 11 brilliant rasboras for just a month?
What light do you currently have?

I just found out that the fish wholesaler for my lps has sterbai corydoras in... Depending on the price, I may buy then before the Brilliant Rasboras...
I know it would be extremely tight, hut could I fit 15 sterbai corydoras in a 10g JUST FOR A FEW WEEKS WHILE QTING!
If not 15, how many should I add in to the 10g QT at a time?

I just found out that the fish wholesaler for my lps has sterbai corydoras in... Depending on the price, I may buy then before the Brilliant Rasboras...
I know it would be extremely tight, hut could I fit 15 sterbai corydoras in a 10g JUST FOR A FEW WEEKS WHILE QTING!
If not 15, how many should I add in to the 10g QT at a time?
Id say 15 juvenile cory would be ok for a few weeks in a 10g as long as you keep their water clean. I always like to get the intended number all at once as they settle better in bigger groups.

Alot of fishkeepers quarantine tanks will be around 10g /40 litres.

Fish in a quarantine tank is a very different thing from the fish in the display tank. The tank size for the display is important. The QT is temporary even if for a few weeks, and you can easily maintain good conditions for whatever time. And always acquire the full intended number of a shoaling/schooling fish. They will settle in faster to the QT and the display tank when added at the same time (entire group). And any hierarchy issues will be much less a problem, not that this applies to the cories but it is important to keep in mind for other species.

Id say 15 juvenile cory would be ok for a few weeks in a 10g as long as you keep their water clean. I always like to get the intended number all at once as they settle better in bigger groups.

Alot of fishkeepers quarantine tanks will be around 10g /40 litres.
Awesome!! What IF they are adults though?...
Yah, I'd probably be doing large water changes twice a week on the QT tank...
Thank you so much for the help @AquaBarb!
Fish in a quarantine tank is a very different thing from the fish in the display tank. The tank size for the display is important. The QT is temporary even if for a few weeks, and you can easily maintain good conditions for whatever time. And always acquire the full intended number of a shoaling/schooling fish. They will settle in faster to the QT and the display tank when added at the same time (entire group). And any hierarchy issues will be much less a problem, not that this applies to the cories but it is important to keep in mind for other species.
Ok cool!! Thank you for the further info!
So it should be ok! That's great to know!
I will try getting the Corydoras all at once if possible once I get this tank.

(Imma hopefully be buying supplies of Amazon today and then MAYBEEE I'll get the tank as well today while we're out in town for our services... Idk if my parents will let me lol)

Awesome!! What IF they are adults though?...
Yah, I'd probably be doing large water changes twice a week on the QT tank...
Thank you so much for the help @AquaBarb!

Ok cool!! Thank you for the further info!
So it should be ok! That's great to know!
I will try getting the Corydoras all at once if possible once I get this tank.

(Imma hopefully be buying supplies of Amazon today and then MAYBEEE I'll get the tank as well today while we're out in town for our services... Idk if my parents will let me lol)
Slim chance they will be adults but you should be fine for the short period they will be in Qt🙂

I'm gonna talk plants now lol... How does this sound?

Amazon Swords
Cryptocoryne Wendtii
Water Sprite
Frogbit (maybe)
Tiger lotus
large anubias barteri
dwarf sag (maybe)

I'm open to suggestions as well!

I'm gonna talk plants now lol... How does this sound?

Amazon Swords
Cryptocoryne Wendtii
Water Sprite
Frogbit (maybe)
Tiger lotus
large anubias barteri
dwarf sag (maybe)

I'm open to suggestions as well!
What type of hardscape are you planning?

Dwarf Sag is great. I would recommend it.
I would skip the water sprite. I feel like it wouldn't really fit in well with the current plants.

What type of substrate are you planning to do?

What type of hardscape are you planning?
river rocks, and one large piece of wood.
Dwarf Sag is great. I would recommend it.
Awesome!
I would skip the water sprite. I feel like it wouldn't really fit in well with the current plants.
Well I was gonna just use it as a floater.
What type of substrate are you planning to do?
Quikrete playsand

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back