330L Tank Journal

okay a small update again i cant control my self went to the LFS and bought some more plant's and 2 more fish :p

okay the GF felt sad for the fish two orange tiger barbs both in individual tanks all alone and looked sad according to her, for £3 each i thought why not :p kept her happy as well :p

but the plants hehe well this is my fav LFS for plants they inject co2 and add ferts and all there plants are huge lush and looking fantastic even tho i did some quick research and some plants where non aquatic find it strange how they sell plants that are non aquatic why? i know for money but its a con at the end of the day is this not illegal?

well first on my list is a plant that failed in my tank previouse a nice red plant that kinda died well i still have the stems in my tank hoping it will jump back into life if these new ones take il take the old stems out :p

and that is Alternanthera Cardinlis looks lovely lets hope it doesn't melt to badly

then i saw a nice small bushy plant never seen before and yep loved it :p named hottonia inflata sounds like a very good looking eastern european girl haha ;)

then i saw these and did remember i had some in my tank already but i got some more both red and green varient :) Ludwigia palustris

again VERY tall i made sure i picked some nice tall ones hoping they wont melt as much

okay so here is the placement

also whilst doing this i got my seachems root tabs pack of 40 but i think i only used up like 10 of them :p

so much different to the other root tabs i used previous so much more harder stronger did not break up as i tried to put them in, i think the other root tabs i used where API versions did not like them, larger but thinner so as i pushed them in they broke up, these just pushed in perfect pushed them in as much as i could around my current plants on the left only all the way to the glass :)

okay so for the previous plants the pics i forgot last time :p

this is the plantlets i got from scotty dose anyone know what plant this is tho?

this is what i think is a giant Echinodorus parviflorous of which i have 2 mini version in my tank the giant version looks amazon and my god was a pain to plant haha

whilst doing a water change that day well OMG i noticed my amazon sword is just keeps getting bigger 

another update to come :)

okay these pictures i took today
smile.png

MY AMAZON SWORD IS GROWING OUT OF THE WATER 

omg it is that tool wow this was a shock i hope this wont cause problems
tongue2.gif
aka it wont get to dry and die
tongue2.gif

okay my moss going wired and white

got another post for that

and a few pics of my fish
smile.png

okay that is all
smile.png
for today hope you enjoy this huge update
smile.png

well this is gonna be a nice treat for you all
smile.png
i have 3 videos for you all to look at one of my fish swimming, one of my fish feeding and then an over all shot of the tank showing my flow with and without my powerhead on to show the differences

fish swimming
http://youtu.be/m81wSyj6ImI

fish feeding
http://youtu.be/t3HqwYxZy08

Full tank and flow
http://youtu.be/Yqoshm9-FuY

sorry for me walking in front of the camera not much a i can do
smile.png

all comments welcome

Your tank looks so much better in a vid. Very nice XD

dose it really i find my camera dose not show it in the best on my GF iPad it shows up so much better maybe il get a video of that up over the next few weeks

but again thank you :)

No seriously looks great! Very healthy!

Hey I was thinking, have you considered getting a Seneye?
Its a device that constantly monitors your PH so your know exactly how much co2 is in yohr tank.
It also monitors ammonia as low as 0.001ppm which would be handy in your battle with Diatoms.
It also meassures temperature and water level too... AND how much light you have in your tank in PAR, LUX and Kelvin.

If your temp, PH changes or if you get ammonia spike, or if your external empties your tank all over your floor or if your lights fail to come on or if your light intensity drops, this device will txt you to let you know. It also puts a daily graph together on all of the above on your pc so you can monitor everything in your tank on a day to day hour by hour basis.

tbh i would love one of these, but a little pricy, maybe a future buy for my new tank ye the seneye home package is £68 then the extra light stuff is an extra £40 lol plus there is a subscription and to ensure accurate readings you need to get slides every month i think :p haha but yes may help me would be nice to know my PAR of my lights at particular depths may be a good investment for the future maybe i think :)

The seneye reef has all the light sensors built in and can be picked up for £80
Yea they do need slides. They last for 30days, 3 slides cost £18. So not too bad.
Subscription is not essential. I want one lol

The tank looks lovely. I think if I were a fish I'd find it a very interesting place :) (I am almost one being a Pisces so if you get a bigger tank I'd jump in for a swim if it's for free but beware I'd probably produce huge unsighty ammonia amounts
tongue2.gif
 )

Only kidding
laugh.png

SLIM said:
Yea they do need slides. They last for 30days, 3 slides cost £18. So not too bad.

That's a great idea. Looks like it's worth the buy for fussy ones like me.
Does it need the slides for everything or just for Ph?

snazy said:
The tank looks lovely. I think if I were a fish I'd find it a very interesting place :) (I am almost one being a Pisces so if you get a bigger tank I'd jump in for a swim if it's for free but beware I'd probably produce huge unsighty ammonia amounts :p )

Only kidding :lol:

That's a great idea. Looks like it's worth the buy for fussy ones like me.
Does it need the slides for everything or just for Ph?
PH and Ammonia I believe:)

Ok thanks. £18 isn't totally bad I suppose.

@Zik

What are the striped group of fish, flying foxes? They look lovely.

snazy said:
Ok thanks. £18 isn't totally bad I suppose.

@Zik

What are the striped group of fish, flying foxes? They look lovely.
Works out at £6 a month. Not bad at all

ye, not to bad i guess

@snazy they where sold as siamese flying fox's but tbh they are probably false siamese algae eater no idea what there true name is but they look cool and they act cool too love how they flip upside down and nibble on my glass and my wood and rock :) dont seem to do much about algae tho haha

Alright, thanks. I always mix these up and have to look up online to distinguish them. They do look very nice though.
I wish I didn't have thousands of corys to put in my latest tank :) Maybe I can squeeze a school. Do you find them aggressive and how many have you got in there?

haha they are perfect with cory's dude i have both green/orange laser cory's i think they are nocturnal fish as i only ever see them at night, and false julie's love those so small yet so lively :)

sorry miss the last part of the question, i have 11 SAE, and around 8 or 9 julli's and around 7 of the laser's they all get alone fine the only problems i have are my tiger barbs squabling amongst them selfs usualy when the male/female are trying to spawn and i notice my laser cory's chase my tiger barbs when i do a water change is quite funny

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back