330L Tank Journal

livewire it used to be buried in yes i did like it but it men't the wood was lower down i have rotated it more so it sticks up and out more i kinda like that sorta look, i see people with roots and they have them going down i'm like ever tried pointing them up :p if the wood had more of the bits coming out i would probably rotate it 180 and have them sticking up but ye another reason i raised it up is the plants where covering it up on the right so raising it up allows me to see it more and prevents it from fall down as well :) think i mentioned i damaged one of my plants when it fell down :p on top of them :(

il keep it in mind tho :)

I like the wood higher up too! It looks awesome, the moss really softened everything up!!! :good:

yay FTS =D it looks good it needs something on that little branch in the middle IMO java fern needle? maybe  but the moss makes it look great! 

haha livewire yes i think that is my plan for the future :) only problem is if it grows it will grow south at some point :p and when i take away the foam after a week or two it may encroach on my intakes a little to much but i guess i shall deal with that when it dose :)

@mike - yes i know :p i was trying to grow anubias but with no luck someone said that they need lower light so i have put them more at the surface and under some cover slightly as they are bare at the moment no leafs maybe if it grows i can put it higher but for the record for some reason i hate java furn it looks like a weed for some reason no idea why :p lol i know most love it but yep not me :p but thnx for the suggestion i am very picky when it comes to plants i feel :p even the new crpyts i got i kinda don't like them hence i shoved them at the back :p

I think leaving some of the wood exposed actually makes it look a bit more "natural".  ;)

cheers dude, but there are three places i would love a bushy plant like anubias in and they are the same 3 places i originally put anubias back on like page 5 one on the far left hidden now tho, on in the middle i think where livewire means and one one the right where the fork is

Question, going a little off topic here....
What K range are your LEDs? Do you know?
6000k? 8000k? Less? more?

i think they are 6500K they are a pure white light, i did have it in a message with steve but i cant seem to find it :p and don't worry about going off topic :p

Z, your lights from Steveo, are there little holes next to each LED where the wires go through? Just trying to work out if I need to fill them or not to prevent moisture getting in.

no dude my LED's go through the wood they don't sit on the outside and your LED's will be waterproofed on the other side don't worry about the little hole dude the heat of the pipe it self will prevent water getting in to, as your metal pipe acts as the heat sink where as mine i have heatsinks on them check out my DIY cabinet project i have pictures from the inside of mine there

Thanks Z.

Lunar Jetman said:
Z, your lights from Steveo, are there little holes next to each LED where the wires go through? Just trying to work out if I need to fill them or not to prevent moisture getting in.
Lunar, you have Ts led light unit which are the metal bars? Can I ask, how hot do they get? Mine are going under my hood just wondering if they generate enough heat to warp or melt my hood.

Zikofski said:
no dude my LED's go through the wood they don't sit on the outside and your LED's will be waterproofed on the other side don't worry about the little hole dude the heat of the pipe it self will prevent water getting in to, as your metal pipe acts as the heat sink where as mine i have heatsinks on them check out my DIY cabinet project i have pictures from the inside of mine there
What about when the lights are off, will moisture get in through the little holes then? Im guessing that if moisture does get in, it will have a hard time getting out.
Just trying to get my head round these leds as im hoping to have mine anyday now:)

Okay I can wander both :p with the temp I have
My heat sinks about 1mm to 2mm below my wooden lid on my 88l cabinet and so far in a 24hr run there is no heat problems I can run some tests over the next few data and record the temps if you want

Also with the holes I shouldn't think so as long as they unit is not on top of the water so go speak then it should be fine all connections are shrinkwrapped with regards to the drivers and the driver them selfs are waterproofed ip

IP67 I think of top of my head

Zikofski said:
Okay I can wander both :p with the temp I have
My heat sinks about 1mm to 2mm below my wooden lid on my 88l cabinet and so far in a 24hr run there is no heat problems I can run some tests over the next few data and record the temps if you want
Also with the holes I shouldn't think so as long as they unit is not on top of the water so go speak then it should be fine all connections are shrinkwrapped with regards to the drivers and the driver them selfs are waterproofed ip
IP67 I think of top of my head
Mine will be about an inch away from water surface

This is something I know nothing about. I dont know what a heat sink is lol
Dont need exact temps but my tanks plastic lid will be sitting on the tubes. Just got me thinking if that could be a problem as iv read these leds can get very hot.

hmm okay, dont think the water will be a problem but the plastic maybe all i can say is run some tests see if the plastic is getting hot enough to melt not sure what the melting point of the type of plastic it is but ye you should be able to touch the bars when hot wont be like burning hot :) if that makes any sense, if you are worried about the hole tho find some silicon and just cover it with that. 

Zikofski said:
hmm okay, dont think the water will be a problem but the plastic maybe all i can say is run some tests see if the plastic is getting hot enough to melt not sure what the melting point of the type of plastic it is but ye you should be able to touch the bars when hot wont be like burning hot :) if that makes any sense, if you are worried about the hole tho find some silicon and just cover it with that. 
Cool. Thanx for that.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back