Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

30 Gallon Gourami's

Discussion in 'Gouramis and Anabantoids' started by Xavier6, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Xavier6

Xavier6 Member

Hello, I'm a beginner aquarist starting up a 30 Gallon planted tank and am planning in putting a variety of Gourami's in it. My question lies in, which Gourami's are compatible together? and which of those can live in a 30 gallon tank?

It may be important to add, I plan on keeping the tank strictly Gourami's other then a few loaches and other bottom feeders.

Thanks in advance!

2. NorthEastFisherman

I believe honey gouramis are the most passive but you can keep other species together depending on personality. I know people keep honeys together plus theyre pretty small so they dont take up too much room.

3. Ruskull

Ruskull Bitter & Clinging...

Dwarf Gouramis, Honey Gouramis, or maybe a nice size group of Sparkling Gouramis would be nice.  As you can see in my signature, I keep a single female Three Sport Opaline Gourami with a Pair of Pearl Gouramis & a tough little female Paradise Fish together in a 36 gallon with Cherry Barbs & Glass Catfish.  It's all about balance of power, pick the ones you like best & post up your plan.  You could easily do a single male Dwarf Gourami with three females.  Or the same mix of Honey G's if you prefer.