29g tank - not that happy...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I only have one right now. Waiting for snail mail (pun intended) to deliver 10 more.
Got 6 assassin snails today in mail. Now have 5 assassins in 55G and 2 in 29. Waiting for 8 more to arrive. We’ll see how much they help. :)

Don't get too many assassin snails or they will run out of food.

I own a 29 gallon tank as well, figured I'd let you know the Nicrew G2 LED light has tremendously subpar red output. From my (admittedly fairly limited) experience, it doesn't really affect tanks at around 12 or so inches tall but in a 29 high you're really going to notice the effect on it has on your plants (ie minor etiolation). Other than that if you're not injecting co2 the output on those lights are incredibly bright so they promote a lot of algal growth so I'd also buy the dimmer/timer for it if that's the light you've settled on.

Yep! Nothing compared to the MTS I have now though. :)
Correct...have you ever seen their eggs?.....very unusual looking, IMO

Attachments

• as eggs.jpg
    as eggs.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 62
And they take like 4 months to hatch, right? How do the fish not eat them? It’s interesting how they only lay one egg at a time in an area. :)

And they take like 4 months to hatch, right? How do the fish not eat them?
Not sure how long they take to hatch...but I've never seen my fish try to eat them...not sure why (?)
I was just surprised when I first spotted them in my tank (years ago), they're so unusual looking, I had no clue what they were....

We were talking about assassins....
Oh, my bad. I saw this:
Yep! Nothing compared to the MTS I have now though. :)
And then this:
Correct...have you ever seen their eggs?.....very unusual looking, IMO
:whistle:

But guys, if you would live to discuss the habits of assassin snails, please create a new thread. :)

———-

I plan to make a “lettuce” trap today. Hopefully I will get a lot of snails out there.

The main “poop pile” is composed of snail poop, not Pleco poop
(As I originally thought)
ECF58CAF-3B2B-4E46-94E3-B437D838A41A.jpeg

Hopefully removing all those snails will get rid of that.

I think I successfully eliminated all of the BRH snails in my 20g long, by not feeding them. The only snails I have in there now are pond snails, which I don’t mind.

But guys, if you would live to discuss the habits of assassin snails, please create a new thread.

Sorry, PK. I was tagged in the thread regarding my assassin’s. That’s how it came up. I believe it was a suggestion to help you with your snails. Information was being provided in case you went that route. Didn’t mean to hijack your post. :)

Last edited:
Anyone in the US have any reliable plant websites to buy from?
I have had success ordering from YourFishStuff, off eBay and their website. I got amazon sword, java fern, Anubias, and dwarf pennywort. All plants came nearly perfect looking (then I killed the pennywort, and buried the amazon sword too deep and all its leaves fell off:sad:)

I have had success ordering from YourFishStuff, off eBay and their website. I got amazon sword, java fern, Anubias, and dwarf pennywort. All plants came nearly perfect looking (then I killed the pennywort, and buried the amazon sword too deep and all its leaves fell off:sad:)
You live and learn from experience! :D We've all killed some plants, so you're not alone :friends:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back