29g Saltwater Nano Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I prefer the shop which lets you catch your own fish ... there fore you can really aim for which size of fish that you really like for .

Execpt when the fish tank is like up above where you have to use a stool or pedestal tube able to catch the fish from the tank .
Wow that would be nice if they offered! I think one of the employees offered ONCE ever for me to catch my own, but I declined because i am still not great at it

Edit: sorry for getting off topic PK!

Wow that would be nice if they offered! I think one of the employees offered ONCE ever for me to catch my own, but I declined because i am still not great at it

Edit: sorry for getting off topic PK!
Indeed its fun well look at it this way there is always first time for everyone .

The clowns are around 5cm long, just for your reference @Colin_T. I assume that means they are still juvenile?

—-

They are spending a lot of time near the surface, swimming in the current of the filter - little weirdos. :rolleyes:

If the 5cm includes the tail, they are young but old enough to have chosen their sexes..
Yes, it is from tail to head. Like I said above, I haven’t noticed any aggression whatsoever. They are super chill with each other, and swim around right next to each other.

I’m glad it was only those 2 in a tank by themselves, because I think they have already bonded. :)

Yes, it is from tail to head. Like I said above, I haven’t noticed any aggression whatsoever. They are super chill with each other, and swim around right next to each other.

I’m glad it was only those 2 in a tank by themselves, because I think they have already bonded. :)
I got mine when they were the same size and they got along well. One week one grew alot and turned into the female, it was pretty cool to watch.

I got mine when they were the same size and they got along well. One week one grew alot and turned into the female, it was pretty cool to watch.
Should I be concerned that they are mostly at the surface? Or is that normal?

Mine never swam at the surface. Can post a video? Is it possible the flow is too strong for them?
I was thinking it may be the powerhead, but I’m not sure.

——

They aren’t swimming at the surface now, that was just in the morning/at night.

Now they are starting to explore the tank. :)

Would it be ok to get 1x fire shrimp and 1x scarlet skunk shrimp? (3-line shrimp)

I was originally planing 2x SSS, but I like fire shrimp.

nope, only 1 species of cleaner shrimp per tank. If you had a bigger tank (4ft +) then not a problem, but not in a small tank.

nope, only 1 species of cleaner shrimp per tank. If you had a bigger tank (4ft +) then not a problem, but not in a small tank.
Ok, I’ll just go with the skunks. :)

——

I just fed some mysis to my clowns!

I cut off way to much off the cube. I did waste a lot of shrimp, but it was my first time using frozen food. I’ll know for next time!

I cut off a chunk and let it sit in a glass (with tank water) for a little while.

They loved it! :fish:

My new plan:

Once my paycheck comes in, I plan to get 2x scarlet skunk shrimp and maybe a Royal gramma if I can afford it.

I plan to wait a few more weeks before getting coral, because of the algae issue.

Wait a month before getting anything else in case the filter has cycled properly.

Make sure you remove any uneaten food straight away or the ammonia will stress and kill the fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back