29g Saltwater Nano Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hehe, kicking myself super hard right now - may have to go to the ER after the beating I just have myself...
I thought you were being serious and was gonna ask if you were ok:X:rofl:

Glad you figured it out!

I think the reason most people do the Goby first, even though it is less hardy, is because they are cheaper. You would REALLY be kicking yourself if you put an expensive pair of clowns in and they died, where as if the Goby died, it would be sad but you wouldn’t be out much money, you’d let the tank mature some more or something, then try again

Anemone fish and gobies are just as tough as each other. The big issue with marine tanks is the pH (8.5 or there abouts). Any ammonia in that pH is toxic to any and all fish, so you have to make sure it stays on 0ppm otherwise it will kill any fish.

A single goby will be cheaper than 1 or 2 anemone fish.

Computer monitors don't always show true colours either. I used to print out a colour chart and then match my monitor's settings to the colours on the paper. That way I knew what colour the pictures would be. Basically you calibrate the monitor and printer so they show the same colours.

Computer monitors don't always show true colours either. I used to print out a colour chart and then match my monitor's settings to the colours on the paper. That way I knew what colour the pictures would be. Basically you calibrate the monitor and printer so they show the same colours.
Well fuplie, that sucks.

Would you personally go ahead and get fish, in my situation?

Anemone fish and gobies are just as tough as each other. The big issue with marine tanks is the pH (8.5 or there abouts). Any ammonia in that pH is toxic to any and all fish, so you have to make sure it stays on 0ppm otherwise it will kill any fish.
My ammonia test is also apparently fuplied up... ?

I actually think I’m going to get the clowns first. My research says that they are more hardy than gobies.

—-

I’m also going to take a sample of my water to my LFS, and see if they have a Red Sea test kit, or something similar. That way I will know for sure if my tank is cycled, before getting fish.

Re Prime - it detoxifies things but they still show up in the tests in the detoxified state.

Re Prime - it detoxifies things but they still show up in the tests in the detoxified state.
Ok, thank you.

——

I just got Snowflake Clownfish!!
4E2B9ACB-A82D-4707-9022-F3DC60AFACE0.jpeg

I’ll get better pictures once I get them in the tank. :)

Took a water sample to my LFS so they could test it on their kits, and everything came back pretty much the same as my test did.

Those are some good looking clowns. How much did they cost?

Those are some good looking clowns. How much did they cost?
Thank! They were $40 each, much cheaper than I thought. They were also on sale, because last time I went, they were $55 each.

They are now in the tank! Terrible picture, but here you go:
56EE69C7-AF95-4EFB-BFAA-AD7FB805710B.jpeg

That turbo snail is also destroying that algae. :p
A6CD1578-44EA-4887-A8AA-01BFE82456B5.jpeg

How do I know if my powerhead is to powerful?

When you realize that Turbo Snails get this big?
39286F24-CFDB-4007-942B-A1DF2972289B.jpeg

I’ve had that shell for a super long time, and I never knew that it was a Turbo Snail! That shell is huge.

This is a Snowflake:
A4A6BF29-A659-4731-A16A-5CCB0D82079F.jpeg

This is a DaVinci: (2 different grades)
A6523BAA-03A4-4965-BA3C-009219D15471.jpeg

I have grade A #1, which is more expensive than Grade A #2.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back