29g Saltwater Nano Tank

Would I be able to get either a royal gramma or a pink streaked wrasse along with the stock thatā€™s already on my list?

Royal gramma should be ok, no idea what species the pink streaked wrasse is.

no idea what species the pink streaked wrasse is.
Pseudocheilinops ataenia https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/2908/?pcatid=2908
0FE6F7FD-AA4D-443F-A4AA-AC87C201F362.jpeg

Itā€™s ok if this one wonā€™t work out, I like the Royal gramma better anyway, lol.

I tested the water in my 20g long, and all parameters where in order:

pH: 7.8
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 0ppm

ā€”-

When I went back to the saltwater tank, the pH had a different reading that before...

If I didnā€™t say this before, the Nitrite was 0ppm, while the Nitrate was 20ppm.

ā€”-

Iā€™m going to re-test everything, and show you pictures.

six line wrasses and fairy wrasses are hard to keep alive and shouldn't be added to new tanks. If you want one, wait until the tank has been running for 6 months and has lots of macro algae and little bits growing on the rocks.

Iā€™ll just get this stock: (please tell me if this sounds good)
  • 2x Clownfish
  • 1x Watchman Goby
  • 1x Royal Gamma
  • 2x Scarlet Skunk Shrimp
  • 2x Turbo Snails
(Also, should I still add the Goby first?)

Iā€™ll just get this stock: (please tell me if this sounds good)
  • 2x Clownfish
  • 1x Watchman Goby
  • 1x Royal Gamma
  • 2x Scarlet Skunk Shrimp
  • 2x Turbo Snails
(Also, should I still add the Goby first?)
I would add the goby first then the clowns which may help keep the clowns aggression down towards the goby.

I would add the goby first then the clowns which may help keep the clowns aggression down towards the goby.
Will do!

The parameters/test kit are still throwing me... :dunno:

Whats wrong?
If you didnā€™t know, Iā€™m trying to use the freshwater test kit for this tank, while using the saltwater card. (My research shows itā€™s the same liquid)

However, the ammonia is acting up. Iā€™ll test it, and post a picture in a bit. (Also the pH is being weird)

If you didnā€™t know, Iā€™m trying to use the freshwater test kit for this tank, while using the saltwater card. (My research shows itā€™s the same liquid)

However, the ammonia is acting up. Iā€™ll test it, and post a picture in a bit. (Also the pH is being weird)
Yeah a picture would be helpful.

Yeah a picture would be helpful.
Itā€™s almost a ā€œpea soupā€ green:*
EA1A07B2-14AB-47DA-9BFD-40759CD7B4F8.jpeg
9C8CC6D1-2644-441C-9AFB-AC62D49F0022.jpeg

Itā€™s weird because Iā€™m getting a 0ppm nitrite reading, and a <10ppm nitrate, which makes me think the tank is cycled...

*It actually looks decent now, but I still canā€™t tell what it is.

Most reactions

Back