29 Gallon Dwarf Puffer Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fate2006

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Would a 29 gallon DP tank work? I know that they can become insucure in a LARGE tank, (29gallons being large for 1 as it needs 5gallons only) and if it would work, would 6 DPs be alright in their? I've got a 55gallon hang on canister filter and a 40 gallon air pump, so it's set up nicely, currently housing 3 angles, some corry cats, a yoyo botai, and an algea eater... I'd be moving them to the 55 gallon after I get the 110gallon for my aro, but I was wondering, would a 29gallon be too big for puffers? Should I just get a 10gallon for 2 of them only??

Would a 29 gallon DP tank work? I know that they can become insucure in a LARGE tank, (29gallons being large for 1 as it needs 5gallons only) and if it would work, would 6 DPs be alright in their? I've got a 55gallon hang on canister filter and a 40 gallon air pump, so it's set up nicely, currently housing 3 angles, some corry cats, a yoyo botai, and an algea eater... I'd be moving them to the 55 gallon after I get the 110gallon for my aro, but I was wondering, would a 29gallon be too big for puffers? Should I just get a 10gallon for 2 of them only??

Insecure in a large tank? No, they live in the mekong river, a giant expanse of water.

The 30g would be fine for 6 puffers alone.

alright :lol: I read on some site if it's too big and not planted enough they get insecure... wrong information I guess :lol: andways, my 29gallon should be free soon (the fish are going to a 55gallon as soon as it's available) and hopfully I'll make that my puffer tank :D if not I'll just stick with a 10gallon tank and 2 puffers... :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back