250Gal Build

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The dimensions are 10ftx2ftx2ft
I dont see the need in having the width or depth any larger than that with my stocking. Fish like to swim horizontaly not vertical lol

Whats your deimensions?

The dimensions are 10ftx2ftx2ft
I dont see the need in having the width or depth any larger than that with my stocking. Fish like to swim horizontaly not vertical lol

Whats your deimensions?

Just noticed you're counting in UK galons, used to people refering to US galons in which your's would be just shy of 300g
Depth comes in handy depending on what you're keeping as does width. Mine's 6x2.5x2.5 ft , couldnt go longer as i had no room and need the width for the my ray , which before i sold it was around 2ft inc tail if not little bigger. I like the height because it allows me to keep the top dwelling fish away from the bottom of the tank, idea was my gar would be out of the way but the ray decided to to come to the top and take it out the #19### lol.

Looking forward to the pics theres a few people on another site who have the dimensions as your's with some good cichlid stocking

Cool project !

What are the ideas for filtration, substrate etc ?

As for your propose stocking .....

.... "2 oscars to start with but if theres aggresion one will go
4 severums most likely Heros Notatus
6 blue acaras
6 Geophagus topajos
8 Mesonauta festivus."

It sounds like rather a lot. I'm imagining exactly half that stock in my 5x2x2, and it would be not be good. Bioload would be a bit over the top, but I just can't see all those cichlids being happy with available territorial space. Maybe the 10 feet length will make all the difference.

I understand aggression and territories might become a problem but if i dont try i'll never know. Fingers crossed.

The substrate will be playsand

For filtration i'll be starting off with 2 APS2000ef filters and upgrading as the fish grow.

For filtration i'll be starting off with 2 APS2000ef filters and upgrading as the fish grow.

I understand you linking the amount of filtration needed to the bioload of the tank (hence small fishies need less filtration), but those filters will simply not be enough to move the water properly for the 10 foot length. Unless you will be adding powerheads, or wavemakers etc as well.

just an update
f2d3fab1.jpg

O-M-G

Its amazing. Your teasing now after posting 3 more words and 1 picture to this "Journal". Well, I'm eagerly anticipating more, and seeing how it all comes along!

Cheers :)

The builder is coming back next week to finish doing the brace bars and he might have the cabnit doord and finishings with him.
Im guessing itll be 2/3 weeks before it sees a drop of water.

Im going on holiday in five weeks so i think it will just be the festivums added if i can afford 8.

I also have to get the sand, rocks and collect driftwood from the beach.
Its all costing a fortune but hopefully it'll be worth it.

Im also not looking forward to filling it up. I have images in my head of the stand giving way but he assures me it wont lol

Cheers :)

The builder is coming back next week to finish doing the brace bars and he might have the cabnit doord and finishings with him.
Im guessing itll be 2/3 weeks before it sees a drop of water.

Im going on holiday in five weeks so i think it will just be the festivums added if i can afford 8.

I also have to get the sand, rocks and collect driftwood from the beach.
Its all costing a fortune but hopefully it'll be worth it.

Im also not looking forward to filling it up. I have images in my head of the stand giving way but he assures me it wont lol

Just sent you a PM :)

Looks amazing, cant wait too see it stocked up! ... hopefully one day will have a tank this size too :cool:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back