250Gal Build

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

angelfishguy

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Getting a 250gal 10ft tank built and the steel frame arrived so thought id put a pic up.

The tank in the pic is 5ft for comparison
17372567.jpg

Personally the steel looks a little thin for most tank's I've seen of that size. you also may need to put something under the feed to spread the weight as it's very narrow on to the flooring.

Oh i should of mentioned its going to be bulked up with 3x2 timber to strengthen it up.
When finished it should look similer to this
photo_2.jpg

That a 7ft tank he has built, he also has a 10ft done the same way

Keeping tabs on this link for sure! Keep us updated, can't wait. Bet you can't either! Its very early days, but have you got plans? Surely you have, do share! :p

god i cant wait lol

glass should be here next thursday :)

stocking wise:

2 oscars to start with but if theres aggresion one will go
4 severums most likely Heros Notatus
6 blue acaras
6 Geophagus topajos
8 Mesonauta festivus.

omg just got a call saying the glass will be here today :)

ours isnt going to have the two cupboards on either end because there isnt enough space where the tanks going.
how does the stocking sound?
im like a child :)

I dont think this is going to be much use now, but when I had my steel frame built, I made sure it did not have those load point legs. I dont know why standard aquarium steel frames have these legs. Would it not be better to have no feet, but the lower frame distribute the weight better?

Just an example of mine which carries ~420 US gallon:

Steelframe1.jpg

Looks like an exciting project. :)

yeah i dont really get why they have those legs either, much more pressure on a smaller point. i trust what he's doing after seeing some of his builds but i would of had a flat base like yours

the finished article will look good :) 250g for something so long? must be having small dimensions apart from the length as mines more than that and is 6ft?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back