25 Gallon Planted Community Journey V2

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

On the note of c02, I've actually decided to give a homemade system a shot! Which excites me for two reasons. 1. I've ordered the Rotala Wallichii and hopefully will be able to really get it looking nice and 2. I have a heap of spare time and it's gonna be pretty fun mucking around with :D I will certainly keep a daily photo dairy type thing of the plants growth, just to see (maybe over a month) just how much the c02 does :) Other than that, the 8 Black Widow Tetra are coming tomorrow :)

New additions!!! (Multiple photography session resistance is futile)

The breeder told me he tried to pick out a male (top) and female (bottom) but it's very hard to tell at only 3cm long :)
null_zpsbd43726a.jpg

null_zpsb3ea23bb.jpg

null_zpsc436f9c6.jpg

I also set up my homemade c02 system tonight, so I'll be tracking daily progression in the plants on that too! :)

Very lovely fish!!!

I have just finished reading your journal and what a journey! Your tank looks great and so do your plants. Well done :)

Ny82 said:
I have just finished reading your journal and what a journey! Your tank looks great and so do your plants. Well done
smile.png
Thank you! :) 

They are quickly settling in and looking really striking on the green plants :D Could watch these cuties for hours! I think (when I'm eligible) I'll enter that middle picture into FOTM,  so that should be interesting :p On another note, how do you guys think a male betta would go with those three platys... My brother has my old 10gal with just the betta in currently, and I'm thinking of trying to arrange the stocking in this tank to a black and white theme.. if that makes sense. So for example, the black and white Peppermint Bristlenose, black and (sort of) white Black Widow Tetra and the black and white Panda Corys. What I'm hoping this will do is create a really vivid contrast against the reds, blues and yellows of the centre piece dwarf cichlids (apistogramma bitaeniata / cacatuoides / borellii). Opinions? Thanks guys ! :)

My opinion is advising against it. I don't know how many I have had which seem fine, docile and do their own thing. Then when the "honeymoon period" is over that's when the true colours come out so to speak, and they start attacking everything. We don't know what happens when the tank lights go out. I used to put mines on in the morning and fish had missing tails. Never again, I personally would not risk it.

Nothin too much to note really, the Black Widow Tetra have been stalled a while because the breeder was completing his tax return or something like that :( Fish are all looking great and happy though, doing 25% water changes every few days and everything is going pretty well :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back