22 gallon community tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Loving that my Ram is living in harmony with my shrimp now! They've become a lot more comfortable in the tank and are regularly out in the open space!
20201226_102248.jpg

Awesome! Hope the little shrimp can survive all the hungry mouths in there!

Couldn't help myself today....fish shop had panda corys on sale for $5 each so i grabbed 8!
20210126_131008.jpg

Last edited:
How are the pandas doing? I hope they spawn for you since you got so many of them.
I put them in about 2hrs ago and they look to have settled in nicely! I think I'll have to set up another bigger tank, this one is starting to get over crowded haha
20210126_164153.jpg

20210126_164147.jpg

So i just noticed my a arch nemisis is starting to reappear on my rocks....the damn BBA!!
20210131_110246.jpg20210131_110255.jpg

The only thing that has changed in the tank is i changed my cheapo LED light to a fluval aquasky 2.0. This is the custom setting I'm using. Is there anything obvious in the light setting that could be causing the BBA to come back?
Screenshot_20210131-110229_FluvalSmart.jpg

So i just noticed my a arch nemisis is starting to reappear on my rocks....the damn BBA!!
View attachment 127952View attachment 127953

The only thing that has changed in the tank is i changed my cheapo LED light to a fluval aquasky 2.0. This is the custom setting I'm using. Is there anything obvious in the light setting that could be causing the BBA to come back?
View attachment 127954
I have had good results with maxing the white at 90% and the red at 68% - Your white sand may be reflecting more than you'd want.

I have had good results with maxing the white at 90% and the red at 68% - Your white sand may be reflecting more than you'd want.

I'll try that out. Hope it works, i really can't deal with BBA right now lol

I would turn the lights down more than that. I have different systems but in my 22G (long) I max at 45%. In my 20Ghigh I max at 65%.
Until things stabilise it may be best to stick to white light before making gradual changes. That is probably what the cheapo LED was producing.

I would turn the lights down more than that. I have different systems but in my 22G (long) I max at 45%. In my 20Ghigh I max at 65%.
Until things stabilise it may be best to stick to white light before making gradual changes. That is probably what the cheapo LED was producing.
Funny enough the cheap LED did have red blue and green lights, the tank was actually doing really well with it. I just wanted the fluval because you can customise it to gradually go from light to dark and vice versa. So you saying turn off red blue and green and only leave white?

I changed my settings to this.
Screenshot_20210131-221131_FluvalSmart.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back